The new girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tat2Chick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2011
hey guys,
just bought this 86 cutlass,
I have wanted a g-body for a while now :)

cutlass.jpg

cutlass5.jpg

cutlass3.jpg

would you guys believe i gave $1800 for it??

it runs and drives flawlessly :)

its got 327 in it, with big cam, eddy 4bbl, hooker headers, flowmasters, new 350 turbo trans w/shift kit (so they said,.....but i haven't had a reason not to believe anything they told me about this car it is amazing.)

ok so i was going to ask you guys
the color.... lol
its bitter sweet for me, i like it because its girly, but... i like black on cars.
its going to have to be repainted anyways so... original color? or black?
(btw,the factory color is about two shades darker than this, the previous owner said it was repainted by a high school body class)

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Welcome. Nice Cutlass :) Im digging the color it is now. I say keep it stock :D

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Nice clean Cutlass. The color really isn't that bad. I'd leave it alone, depending on the condition of the paint. Changing color would require redoing the door jambs, behind the doors, under the deck lid, etc. That could add a much bigger price tag to a paint job...more labor intensive.

Bigge91

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2011
Marion Indiana
this is all personal taste brother, i myself love the blacked out look of the gn's and i am going to black out my 84 cutty, so i say black, but its whatever you love cause at the end of the day you have to look at it longer than some one in a car going by or a person walking through a car show...nice pickup by the way love the way it looks...
Ethan

Joltcola

Apprentice
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI
Id say leave it!!! To change the color (correctly!) is a lot of work (door jambs, under hood, under trunk) and you already got a nice car...if its not broken dont fix it. Plus black does good look but it shows all imperfections....I'd say leave it and enjoy it!

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
black is boring and will show any dings and wrong sands and sh*t plus it being done previously by a high school i say stay away from black :roll: plus it's a nice color and cool to see a girl with a cutlass i got 4 and hopin to have two scrapped after stripped. post more pics please and love the color :D

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
Nice cutlass your lucky your car does not have the half roof that will save you time and money. There is no color that works as well as Black on these cars. Black with chrome trim and new wheels if you have the money to spend,other wise just drive it and enjoy.Good Luck

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Welcome and nice ride, as far as the color, maybe im just a big stones fan but.... black black black. If every car in the world was black that would be fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor