The one that started all this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
After lusting for one of these since they were new, i bought my first one. Dallas, 1989, it was a trade-in at the original selling dealer, who wholesaled it to a note lot. Traded my '70 Lemans Sport and some cash for it (yeah, I wanted a Malibu that badly).:doh:Looked for over a year to find one that didn't have a vinyl top.

305/TH200, 2.29 (woohoo!) axle. Camel bench cloth interior. Photo is after i gave it a good hand polishing shortly after purchase and a $100 set of Michelin new takeoffs from a co-worker's brother's new import pickup.

Car had a glovebox full of receipts...including an engine overhaul by the dealership at something like 21000 miles. Not a warranty claim, was a couple thousand dollars, as I recall. Oddly, still had the TH200 in it...until the 355 I installed a few years later killed it
IMG_20191103_0001.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I may never own another Gbody, but if I do, it'll be a Malibu like yours. A guy a year ahead of me in high school had one, red with black stripes on Corvette ralleys, 350 4spd. That car really made an impression on me because it was just so right.

What ever happened to yours?

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
What ever happened to yours?

The usual ....something else came along a few years later and it had to go to buy the new dream. In my younger days I didn't keep stuff long...which i regret since I owned a fair amount of cool stuff.

The one that got away though is the one I really wish I had bought....black on black bucket seat 4 speed '79 Malibu coupe. Friend of a friend came by with it to see if I knew anybody that would be interested the day after I bought a 4 speed 78 Camaro

I actually have a coupe i would love to buy semi-local to me, but I'd have to sell the current one to justify it, and trying to sell anything these days is....."interesting"

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor