The Purple Monkey Dishwasher TBSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
What's the propane for? On EFILive there's an IAT correction factor you log/apply before monkeying with the VE/MAF to aid with this phenomenon. I need to do it to my GenIII stuff as well. I'm guessing you rescaled your MAF then?

Tailgating.

Supplemental fuel and octane. Adds about 6 octane points.

There are a few tricks I needed to do to tune this on the Gen 4 2.5 Bar OS using a MAF and propane. First problem was the 60pph injector ceiling (before scaling the tune) which creates calculated torque load issue that puts the truck into limp mode when it is exceeded The work around is to tune the MAF to have a hole to account for the supplemental fuel injection. It is a 20% undercut. It is a workaround for a hard-coded issue you cannot address with HPT, but can with EFI Live.

Very annoying.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Tailgating.

Supplemental fuel and octane. Adds about 6 octane points.

There are a few tricks I needed to do to tune this on the Gen 4 2.5 Bar OS using a MAF and propane. First problem was the 60pph injector ceiling (before scaling the tune) which creates calculated torque load issue that puts the truck into limp mode when it is exceeded The work around is to tune the MAF to have a hole to account for the supplemental fuel injection. It is a 20% undercut. It is a workaround for a hard-coded issue you cannot address with HPT, but can with EFI Live.

Very annoying.

In light of that, I'm curious why you didn't go SD? Even EFIlive guys do that because while the MAF can be scaled, it is an asspain. My friend's CTSV was that way. His injectors were as big as you can go, the last 2-3 load cells were actually over the max but he couldn't hit them anyway so we went with it.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
In light of that, I'm curious why you didn't go SD? Even EFIlive guys do that because while the MAF can be scaled, it is an asspain. My friend's CTSV was that way. His injectors were as big as you can go, the last 2-3 load cells were actually over the max but he couldn't hit them anyway so we went with it.

I can tune a MAF in two gears (aka below the threshold of losing my license). Idle to redline, shift point to redline and it's done. Literally 30 mins for a 90% solution. Also, I am not looking for world turning power so I am still within the limits of MAF to read and calculate. It is a LS3/Z06/ZR1 blade-type in a 4" tube, in a blow-through configuration. Most folks don't even understand how to tune a MAF in a N/A application, much less how I am doing it post blower.

Using SD-only when a MAF can still be employed is for people who are lazy or lack talent, IMO.

My wagon was SD when it first got running, now it is MAF. Why? Driveability. Emissions. And flexing on fools who cannot tune worth a sh*t. The wagon was far more volatile before going to blade-type MAF in a 4" tube.

The Monte is SD because that is the limit of the OS. I don't like it, but you have to f*ck with c*ck you got.

Last edited:
  • Winner

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I can tune a MAF in two gears (aka below the threshold of losing my license). Idle to redline, shift point to redline and it's done. Literally 30 mins for a 90% solution. Also, I am not looking for world turning power so I am still within the limits of MAF to read and calculate. It is a LS3/Z06/ZR1 blade-type in a 4" tube, in a blow-through configuration. Most folks don't even understand how to tune a MAF in a N/A application, much less how I am doing it post blower.

Using SD-only when a MAF can still be employed is for people who are lazy or lack talent, IMO.

My wagon was SD when it first got running, now it is MAF. Why? Driveability. Emissions. And flexing on fools who cannot tune worth a sh*t. The wagon was far more volatile before going to blade-type MAF in a 4" tube.

The Monte is SD because that is the limit of the OS. I don't like it, but you have to f*ck with c*ck you got.

I agree with keeping the MAF. Said CTSV was barely not blowing the lid off of the tables. It sounds like you're MAF only though? Or am I misreading? I was under the impression that HPT had cracked the VVE tables.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I agree with keeping the MAF. Said CTSV was barely not blowing the lid off of the tables. It sounds like you're MAF only though? Or am I misreading? I was under the impression that HPT had cracked the VVE tables.

My cars are hybrid. MAF fails and my sound VE/VVE tables take over. The other 10% of the tune.

• Informative

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
D'oh.

PXL_20210416_160858861.jpg
It no starty after long drivey to get gassy for TIGy.

Have lift now will fixy, after wifey come getty.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
If i had more motivation (and I suppose funds) I'd contemplate putting on a procharger on my TBSS. I just keep resisting significant mods when it's a daily, I know it's a slippery slope all too well. Maybe someday.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Doesn't that have a new battery? I'm guessing that's not the cause here then.

Battery is good. The whole truck functions fine other than not turning over. No starter click.

It is likely one of three things:
Broken exciter wire;
Corrosion or fatigued connections in the fuse block; or
A bad ignition switch.

The ignition switch is a common failure, most of the electronics go through it. I have one coming in the mail.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor