Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Band-Aids on blemishes.

IMG_20201108_145559.jpg

Paint is lifting and cracking. Water gets in there over Winter and exacerbates the problem. Decided to have some fun with it until I feel like fixing it properly.

I had a choice between skulls and moustaches or these. I decided to show my playful side.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

530hp/505tq at the wheels is pretty good for ~6psi non-intercooled. Mine is at 6psi intercooled and AWD, so I don't feel so bad claiming 550hp at the crank - and 650hp on 12psi (the time slip supports this).

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
When I blew my 2+2 rear end at Drag Weekend last month Dad and hitched a ride I back home in one guy's plan B rig that he took to the track, an 04 TB that someone took the time to lower, 5 lug conversion, and install a 5.3 with a maggie. Thing was actually pretty dang fun.

I would really dig a lowered 5.3 saab or denali with a blower, but the 60e kills it. I'd love to do a 6l80e swap but there isn't a ton of affordable swaps I have seen.

Mind reminding me what trans you have it in?

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
When I blew my 2+2 rear end at Drag Weekend last month Dad and hitched a ride I back home in one guy's plan B rig that he took to the track, an 04 TB that someone took the time to lower, 5 lug conversion, and install a 5.3 with a maggie. Thing was actually pretty dang fun.

I would really dig a lowered 5.3 saab or denali with a blower, but the 60e kills it. I'd love to do a 6l80e swap but there isn't a ton of affordable swaps I have seen.

Boop!

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

A Level 29 4L70E.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

If you're 05+ the swap isn't that bad.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
So here is a fun little nugget for all aspiring LS tunas out there. When I took the truck out for a spin after the dead battery debacle yesterday - while getting on it I noticed what I always planned for: significantly leaning out in cold weather.

This is a Open Loop MAF OS and what that means there is fixed fuel flow based on air mass; this is not a self correcting Closed Loop tune. In short: She don't add fuel under load... just squirts in what she'd programmed for. So first and foremost we had 9*F (-16*C) air temps so the DA was 1000 Leagues Under the Sea low. Add to that how the incredibly cold temperatures cause the propane tank pressure to drop significantly. The temperature variance from Summer is very dramatic at about 110*F. So much so most tuners never experience these conditions.

So what?

The Target AFR is between 0.78-0.80 Lambda (11.4 and 11.8 on gas scale) and runs closer to the mid-0.7 Lambda (high-10s, low-11s) range during the dead heat of Summer. Yesterday it was north of 0.83 Lambda because of how much colder it was out. You can only account for so much temperature drop on a single tune, and I have no interest in reflashing this thing every 3 months with a new PE table just for a few HP. Additionally, if the propane fails or runs out I still have enough head room to keep from frying the engine. FWIW, the propane is on full song... so we are very limited in what we can do externally. 11/10ths tunes are for weekend warriors and hero runs. This is a 100% get in and drive four season hotrod.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
What's the propane for? On EFILive there's an IAT correction factor you log/apply before monkeying with the VE/MAF to aid with this phenomenon. I need to do it to my GenIII stuff as well. I'm guessing you rescaled your MAF then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor