Oklahoma city
image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Ryan Harris

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2016
Oklahoma city
Yikes those "vents" are awful.

When I saw those things on the car for the first time I just wanted to touch the car and say, "well bless your heart you poor thing." The old man who owned the car couldn't pick a style. It had street rod wheels, a ricer wing, these vents lol. He did the interior very tastefully but he lost it on the exterior. Luckily I have a brand new driver fender. I need to find a passenger and I will do the swap, but I refuse to spend 400 on a GM good mark fender and that's all I can find locally. Can't find any decent pull offs on eBay or craigslist either.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Interior is one thing that old man did right. Good looking car, minus the vents lol.

Ryan Harris

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2016
Oklahoma city
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well well well finally!!! After almost a month of family drama and home improvement projects with the wifey, I finally got started working on the car. I started the first evening by prepping all the gasket surfaces, getting all the debri cleaned outa the lifter valley and draining the oil. The next evening I put the cam in and timing set on and lifters in. And last night I got the heads and gaskets on and torqued em down. Took a break tonight. tmrw gonna drop in the pushrods, rockers, set the valves, intake manifold, timing cover, balancer and valve covers. Here are some pics.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I really like your engine setup. Nothing is sized too big for a 350 like most folks end up doing. That cam should make for excellent street performance.

Ryan Harris

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2016
Oklahoma city
I really like your engine setup. Nothing is sized too big for a 350 like most folks end up doing. That cam should make for excellent street performance.

Thanks. This is my first build, and even tho I'm budget minded, I wanted it to be "right". I researched for several weeks diff head/ cam combos. I knew on a stock bottom end I didn't want it too radical. I just wanted a tough lil small block that matched up well with the stall and the rear end. (Rear end coming after motor) I read three different build articles with this same cam and very similar worked heads. This cam with a set of worked 882 heads a dual plane intake headers and a 600 double pumper made 385/415 at the flywheel and my 441 heads should outflow the 882s. The cam manufacturer says this cam likes a 2500 stall. Summit says this cam is Borderline too big for a stock converter. Previous owner said when he had trans built he asked for a beefier torque converter and the guy told him he used the Saturday night special converter, which is rated around 2200, So I think I'll be in decent shape. When it's all said and done, every part on the car from the carb to the pumpkin should compliment each other well.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Are you sticking with the performer intake? I want to get rid of my 882 heads but my setup is reliable it's just a matter of getting my new 650dp to be acutely tuned. What are your plans for the car/motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor