The Spotted Thread

20230405_105513.jpg
20230404_133347.jpg

Reactions: SS_Malibu and Ugly1
You know you just had to go by the bunny house after seeing it on the news.
I don't watch the news so didn't know it was on there, its like 2 minutes from the shop. For every holiday they do something like that

Saw what turned out to be an '85 CL this morning. Was picking up something else, then asked the guy about what he was going to do with it.

First words: "That's not for sale. That car, its worth $40,000 fixed up."

The rest of his story: "That's a real SS right there. Doesn't have the nose anymore, I made it like that. It has the t-tops and everything. I have a v8 from auto zone I'm going to put in it. The car came with a v6, but, my daughter she blew the motor. So it's going to have a v8. And I got a th400 I'm putting in too, not no th350, a th400, you know what that means. And that car, it came with those checkerboard wheels. I bought the car to get those wheels, you don't see 14" wheels on cars no more."

<sigh>... so, $40,000 value, a v6, monte ss, that came with 14" wheels. Rare car. Guy must've been missing as many screws as he was teeth.

Monte owners.... 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Ugly1 and Rktpwrd
Saw what turned out to be an '85 CL this morning. Was picking up something else, then asked the guy about what he was going to do with it.

The rest of his story: "That's a real SS right there. Doesn't have the nose anymore, I made it like that. It has the t-tops and everything. I have a v8 from auto zone I'm going to put in it. The car came with a v6, but, my daughter she blew the motor. So it's going to have a v8. And I got a th400 I'm putting in too, not no th350, a th400, you know what that means. And that car, it came with those checkerboard wheels. I bought the car to get those wheels, you don't see 14" wheels on cars no more."

<sigh>... so, $40,000 value, a v6, monte ss, that came with 14" wheels. Rare car. Guy must've been missing as many screws as he was teeth.

Monte owners.... 🤔
you're in south Georgia, I don't believe he said "That's not for sale. That car, it's worth $40,000 fixed up."

what he really said was "That there car ain't for sale. That car, it's dang near worth $40,000 after I git dun fixin' it up."

Monte owners.... 🤔
I love how people believe their own BS they spew. Any sane person in this hobby knows most non SS Montes are not even 10K. I know I've put way more than that in my Monte in the past 30+ years & when done the way I want it with my add ons & improvements it'll be worth about 5K. The same amount paid for it in '90.

Monte owners.... 🤔
Pfff. Yeah, I know what "that" means. It means he's spending WAY too much on a Trans when a TH350 is overkill.
And if you would have told him "nice tooth" you could have got that car for $35,000 fixed up.

Reactions: ck80

Monte owners.... 🤔
He’s been watching to many reruns of Pimp my double wide

• Agree
Reactions: pagrunt and ck80

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor