GN The twinz are going to auction again

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
When the at the time owner gets greedy.
But, that's my question: you think they're "worth" more individually, or as a pair? It'll be interesting to watch. How's that saying go- "a fool and his money...."? Guess that's why I'm a broke *ss!!!

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Easier to sell as singles, but probably wouldn't bring as much

I'll be interested to see if they actually sell at no reserve, or if the coke machine in the corner "buys" them

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Neat and all but why? Talked with a buddy yesterday about a guy that has a 150 car collection, he's in his 70's and doesn't drive hardly any of them. I guess I don't see the purpose of looking at cars as just a collection object. If I had the money I would buy the pair, call the tabloids, take them and some friends to the dragstrip and race against each other.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Neat and all but why? Talked with a buddy yesterday about a guy that has a 150 car collection, he's in his 70's and doesn't drive hardly any of them. I guess I don't see the purpose of looking at cars as just a collection object. If I had the money I would buy the pair, call the tabloids, take them and some friends to the dragstrip and race against each other.
Bet the OG tires pop in the burnout box!:p

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Nope, all be damned, just put them out there and race! Just imagine this hobby if everyone drove cars a little more, appreciated them a little more, enjoyed driving again. #onecandream

*ninja edit*

Some days I miss my naivety when I was a poor kid trying to emulate the cars in the magazines but having to drive to work on Monday. I worked harder for every mod, wrenched harder to hit a deadline, appreciated what I had more even when I dreamed getting in a magazine with a car that would hopefully start the next day.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi

Most of us here will never have that kind of money to throw down - nor would we want to, we are not Barrett people. Those GN's were slow, only a 14 second car (fast for that time) The cars are history and tell a story, hence we have museums where they belong. I enjoy museums of all types and make it a point to visit them when possible, even private collections.

IMG_2727.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Most of us here will never have that kind of money to throw down - nor would we want to, we are not Barrett people. Those GN's were slow, only a 14 second car (fast for that time) The cars are history and tell a story, hence we have museums where they belong. I enjoy museums of all types and make it a point to visit them when possible, even private collections.

Those are some badass pictures. Where were they taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor