"The What Were You Thinking" Craigslist thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
That was the Shockwave Jet Truck Tow car. I've seen the car in person at the Alliance Airshow here in DFW. The truck doesn't have a motor, so....

here is more info:

Shockwave Tow car

Ah thanks for that. That makes a lot more sense than just some random guy with too much time and fiberglass on his hands. I saw that ad and I'm like "who wakes up in the morning and says I'm gonna make a batmobile out of my Cutlass but it'll look like a 70's Evil Kneiveil(sp?) toy. That'll be awesome!" Either that or I thought maybe it was a Starbird red-headed stepchild. I'm actually driving thru Webb city in about 2 weeks, but it'll be like 5 am...

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
What a waste of a Cutlass!

If you are looking for a full framed 2 door car with an 8.5" 3.73:1 Rear axle that you can bolt in a torquey motor with a TH400, "Olds Cutlass" is on the list.

It was a logical/practical choice. Cutting the roof off probably made it easier to stuff in the same trailer with the Jet Truck.

Pushing the truck a mile or pulling it with Gator would be embarrassing and/or disappoint the thousands of kids watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor