**THEFT DETERENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
monte olrac said:
The Key word id Deterent!, I have the big red column lock, a nice flashy 2 way pager alarm and a assortment of firearms, leave some bullets on the seat along with a bloody knife and gloves so they'll think you are a psycho.

they may be right... :shock:

jk.. :lol:

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
I talked to a tow truck driver who told me he often picked up cars and trucks with destroied steering columns or pulled out ignition locks. He also suggested to look into one of those red column locks.
But when I did I thought that the ones Online were kinda rinky-dink looking. They claim to be made from strong steel but it doesn't look all that tough. But I guess those locks will do the trick about 99% of the time. I think I have no choice if I WANT TO KEEP MY CAR.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
well I have the big red colomn lock and its pretty strong, i'm not going to say it can't be defeated but they will need some time to get it off, or you can use the grant steering wheel removal, but then they could have a spare steering wheel on them too, remember as a last resort use the O.J. gloves and knife on the seat!

smoknum

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2007
I always liked the harley davidson sticker on the rear window. Who in their right mind is gonna steal a bikers car

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
smoknum said:
I always liked the harley davidson sticker on the rear window. Who in their right mind is gonna steal a bikers car

this is assuming people believe harley riders are somehow more badass than normal folk. If thats what you mean I do agree with you that we shouldn't leave elmo stuffed animals in our window. If someone's going to steal a car, I doubt they give a damn what sticker is on the window

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
regalman4925 said:
those are my theories, maybe i am paranoid lol

better to be paranoid than without your car! :wink:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's good to do what's reasonable but if someone wants the car there is nothing much you can do...take a look at the new high price luxury cars that are being heisted and they have some of the most sophisticated theft deterrents out there

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i agree but g bodies dont bring huge prices (yet) so most will just look right over even a decked out g body and move on to something that brings big bucks. parting out a escaladefor example will bring allot more then most g bodies and with a custom g body someone is gonna be on the look out for parts showing up somewhere, on a car like a escalade they are so common that no would care not to mention whoever it was taken from ikely isnt into cars and would take the insurance check and forget about it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That's why I suggested to do what's reasonable, no need to be paranoid...and the point about insurance payoffs I hope those in here who have built up their cars have had their car professionally appraised so if the car is stolen or damaged in an accident or fire that your insurance company doesn't give you the book value of your car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor