These Look Neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would be interested in seeing the beam pattern and light output on those compared to the high end ones.
Are those DOT approved?

you have to be careful you're getting the light your are paying for......and to make your point even the copy of the lights are junk according to this test....

the real ones look real good...and they say made in USA

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Meh, I'm not a fan. You have to have the whole package to pull those off (83mcclellan?). I prefer the Hella H4 conversion because it retains the fluting in the glass lens. I have them in my Bonneville and the Olds.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Meh, I'm not a fan. You have to have the whole package to pull those off (83mcclellan?). I prefer the Hella H4 conversion because it retains the fluting in the glass lens. I have them in my Bonneville and the Olds.
I am not a fan of the LED look only the the light output and beam, so do the Hella's H4 conversion put off a lot of heat and are they a direct plug in? Definitely fits my budget build Regal cost much better.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I am not a fan of the LED look only the the light output and beam, so do the Hella's H4 conversion put off a lot of heat and are they a direct plug in? Definitely fits my budget build Regal cost much better.
Yes, however I do recommend wiring relays in to take the load off the switch from the higher wattage bulbs. I've been wanting to try some H4 LEDs in them, but don't know if they'll fit on the backside. I put ceramic plugs on the 67, and bought them for the G- just never installed them. They come with a conversion harness for plug in. HELLA 003177801 164x103mm H4 High/Low Beam Halogen Conversion Headlamp Kit (ECE) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G72UE0/?tag=gbody-20

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Hella's are $40 for the housing, then you just need an LED H4 bulb. Not as wizbang, but should be pretty bright for a lot less money.

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Hella's are $40 for the housing, then you just need an LED H4 bulb. Not as wizbang, but should be pretty bright for a lot less money.
So where can I get just the Hella housings at? All I see are hi/low housings do these work the same for a 4 lamp system?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have the Hella H4 conversion lenses for my bi-xenon hi/lo hid and the Hella H1 conversion lenses that I use for the high beam with hid. I forget how many years I have had these lenses in the GP but never any issues with them.....the H4 lense has a nice cut line so I can point them down the road without bothering anyone and I have never run out of light. On an old country road with my 4 high beams on those hid's really light up the road

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
The hella conversion is something I want to do, I think I had a conversation with Jack a while back about these. I am running old silverstars now, but these are on the list.

Thanks for all the links guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor