This is why 84 year olds shouldn't drive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am keeping the car. That's what she told me. Now I just have to wait to hear from the garage, and get it back. Hopefully by Wednesday.

I just heard from my friend at the shop, and it looks like I've got a bent UCA and knuckle. He's getting some junkyard quotes as I type this, so I should know pretty soon how much the damage will be. Maybe I'll have it back by tomorrow. Then I can throw the sway bar on it, do a quick paint job on the new fender so it matches, and throw that on too.

Plus a pretty big discount, since I used to work there. So, I'm not too worried about what it's gonna cost me.

pontiacgp said:
IhaveNoPantsOn said:
Plus a pretty big discount, since I used to work there. So, I'm not too worried about what it's gonna cost me.

if you get a big enough discount you going buy some pants out of the insurance money?

:lol:

And change my name to 'IhavePantsOn?? I don't think so! Actually, I'm probably going to buy some more bodywork supplies and paint, and maybe a set of lowering springs and shocks. But, most of it is going towards my wedding at the end of July.

Oh, and BTW, I still haven't heard back from my friend at the shop. As of 5:30 this evening, he hadn't called anywhere yet. So I'm still waiting to even find out how much this is gonna cost me. Let alone have him order the parts. Then put them in. Maybe I'll have it back by Friday?

pontiacgp said:
IhaveNoPantsOn said:
pontiacgp said:
IhaveNoPantsOn said:

if you get a big enough discount you going buy some pants out of the insurance money?

:lol:

And change my name to 'IhavePantsOn?? I don't think so! Actually, I'm probably going to buy some more bodywork supplies and paint, and maybe a set of lowering springs and shocks. But, most of it is going towards my wedding at the end of July.

Oh, and BTW, I still haven't heard back from my friend at the shop. As of 5:30 this evening, he hadn't called anywhere yet. So I'm still waiting to even find out how much this is gonna cost me. Let alone have him order the parts. Then put them in. Maybe I'll have it back by Friday?

no need to change your name....after you get married she`ll probably be wearing the pants in the family anyway.... 8)

jk of course... :lol:

That happened long ago.

Well, my friend got ahold of a knuckle and UCA, $150 for both. Not too bad, but I have seen them cheaper. He can get them by tomorrow, and hopefully have them in by the end of the day. Maybe I'll be driving this b*tch by the end of the week. Just gotta do some bodywork to the new fender, and slap it on, and it'll be good as new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor