This kid is a moron...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmoore4321

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Nozer said:
i haven't read this whole thread but i do know that a brand new Porsche carrera GT couldn't keep up with my 79 bu wagon. top end too and im running a 355/700r4 combo..3.42 rear..It was funny seeing the guys face as a station wagon toasted him.. He was nice enough to congratulate me at the next stoplight ..his face in sheer disbelief.

I'll have what he's smoking....

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I beat one too but I almost ran it over when it swerved under my car.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 546

Ferret

Apprentice
Aug 31, 2012
Luxembourg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a 355 roller with vortec heads hooked up to a 5 speed stick with a center force dual friction clutch and a 3.08 posi. I don't smoke but even if I did I don't think I would come close to a 605 hp Porsche Carrera GT that passes 130 mph—in 10.8 seconds, 1/4 mile in 11.2...

BMR Suspension

G-Body Guru
Aug 2, 2012
Tampa FL
Nozer said:
i haven't read this whole thread but i do know that a brand new Porsche carrera GT couldn't keep up with my 79 bu wagon. top end too and im running a 355/700r4 combo..3.42 rear..It was funny seeing the guys face as a station wagon toasted him.. He was nice enough to congratulate me at the next stoplight ..his face in sheer disbelief.

Not only did you Smoke something a little funny, you had some good dreams too!

DmcL

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2014
Wow.. I didn't make all 12 pages but I did read the first 4 and this last one.

No wonder there's such a big divide between imports and domestics in the US. There are stock fast cars and stock slow cars built fast on both sides. There's also knowledgeable folks and idiots on both sides of the divide as well.

I have had a variety of cars over the years though I am/was most partial to 80s and 90s bmw. What I can say though is there are fast cars either stock or made fast by the owner from all manufacturers and with various engine sizes.

You think a 1.6l Honda is a small engine? How about the Toyota starlet glanza, 1.3 turbo and weighs as much as a shoe box (ironically the size of a shoe box too). And in stock guise they're quick ish and with more boost even quicker. There used to be one local with a fully forged engine, still 1.3l yet making over 300hp.

My 2006 impreza wrx with only a catback exhaust and retuning the ecu ran high 13's. My 89 bmw 325i (n.a. 2.5 12v, 8.8:1 cr, all stock bar an x pipe and ecu tuning) ran high 14's on a damp day. Both the wrx and 325i we're on normal budget sports tyres. The 325i was on 225/45/15's so no super grippy rubber or any other helpers for drag racing that you wouldn't normally use on the streets here. Also we don't have a strip in Ireland.. All drag events are held on runways in airports so no bleach box and no layers of rubber at the start line for extra grip.

Now don't take this as me saying older domestics are bad because I like the old low revving v8's but you have to be realistic. No cars on either side are invincible. There will always be something faster. I'm actually sacrificing the 89 325i for my recently acquired Monte SS but make no mistake I don't think the g body is some invincible straight line warrior. Its Sharp for a 305 but I'd be weary trying to race any Honda except maybe a shitty sohc d series which is only about 130hp stock in 1.6l form, in 1.4 or 1.5l variants even less.

82GPLJ455

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2014
ma.
its crazy the power these kids are getting out of those little 4 bangers.they may be quick little cars but you just cant beat the feel,sound and smells of good old american muscle.

had a kid tell me his honda with cold air intake and fart can axhaust would beat my GP.i looked at him and said,dude id whoop your *ss with my little v6,then ill mop the floor with your when i get my 455.told him to go to the fridge and get a stick of butter cuz your gonna need it for your fried rice.the kid shut right up and everybody else died laughing.

DmcL

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2014
Tbh any exhaust on a Honda sounds farty. Just the way they sound.. Some like it and others don't. Never been a fan myself but I have had 2 civics before. One was an 87 civic ballade (j* 4 door saloon) which was slow as molasses with a stock 1.5 sohc and auto box. The other civic was a 90 I think and it was the j* ef si dohc non vtec. It was 130hp with reasonable torque for a 1.6l Honda and it was quick enough. Quick and light enough to be a dead match against an ek civic vti which had the b16 vtec engine which is 160hp and he had some mods. Only thing on my ef was an intake and a big muffler (as in a lot of material in it) so it didn't sound so farty.

Regarding cold air... You guys should consider it on the v8's. Makes a world of difference vs an open filter under the hood. Suppose that's basically what a hillborn scoop is though.. Cold and ram air. Its one thing I will be doing with my 305 HO, cold air gives more power/tq and better mpg so its a win win.

Speaking of my old ef civic si... No fartyness here.
http://youtu.be/eBugqWL3v0U

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor