ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
well

thanks for making me feel a little bit better. My brother the guy who is really in trouble with the whole thing also explained that the insurance company will not call the police after seeing the incident occurred while I had no insurance. The worst they would do is raise my premium a bit which just went down to 41 dollars a month from 52 once my points finally dropped. I will be recieving something in the mail about the court date. I have to meet with the judge and prosecutor. My brother needs some seroius help though, there will be times when im driving and he will pop open a beer or 2. I am not nearly as old as him or big as him. I cant throw him out of the car. Hes been in 3 accidents due to drinking. They wanna outlaw something outlaw drinking I say. On another note, the judge I met with today was the one who said plead not guilty because she as well as some of you believe another judge will lower it probably after I explain my cercumstances, school and work etc. the one thing I also dont get is why on insurance does it say that if found to have invalid insurance by secratary of state of police supsect my have one year in jail or 1,000 dollar fine?? Sorry I blabbed on a lot. :?:

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Stoopud said:
I would avoid mentioning specifics about the election, since you will not know their politics (of course unless the judge has specific physical features that would seem to make them more likely to be pleased with the outcome - then make sure to say how you were celebrating - get it).

Your name suits you for saying something so stupid. I would highly suggest not mentioning anything about "celebrating the election victory", even if the judge has the "specific physical features" as the president-elect, that is unless you want the book thrown at you.

Keep it that you were too tired, falling asleep and your brother took over to get you guys home so you guys wouldn't have any accident, as most accidents happen close to home. You may also mention that it was dusk-dark or something to that effect, so that's why you didn't have the headlights on, just your parking lights. Look remorseful, but not guilty. Look the judge straight in the eye when telling the story - remember, judges read body movement, so if you're cutting your eyes constantly, jittery, fumbling around to them that'sa sign of guilt. But for right now get insurance, the least costly, basic that you can get.

Once all of this squared, and it should work out ok, get help man.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
jae said:
Your name suits you for saying something so stupid. I would highly suggest not mentioning anything about "celebrating the election victory", even if the judge has the "specific physical features" as the president-elect, that is unless you want the book thrown at you.

I think Stoopud was being just a little sarcastic and maybe you should ask first before making rude accusations.....personally I'd rather be stoopud than rude....

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
jae, PontiacGP is correct it was meant as levity. Interjecting humor to try and make the guy have a slight laugh at a bad situation. The post referenced that he was tired do to staying up to watch the election, and I was making a joke (I have been a little preoccupied with the election as many on here know).

You know as many posts as I have made on here, even in the heated political discussion, I think you are the first one to make that reference to my name. You should be very proud of your great mental aptitude for coming up with that one. You must be an F'n G-nous. However, if you are taking anything a guy named Stoopud says totally seriously, which one of us is stupid.

(I am not really that angered, I have just been planning to use that rant for a while and had a chance. I am Stoopud not an idiot, I do not think Jae really meant it as that much of a slam - right?)

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
dont

know why the guy is telling me to get help. I dont need help. My schooling is going fine and I do have a job that pays for the things I do. I am a bit worried however about the driver responsibility fee I am reading about. 500 dollars for 2 years. Thats 1000 dollars. I am reading about several petitions as well to try to repeal this act. I was on my way to best buy by the way not on the way home. I know how to talk to the judge. I just hope they take my situation and cut it down a bit sheesh. For 1000 dollars I might as well just hit someone elses car.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there has to be a section of law that deals with financial hardship, check it out and see what you need to do in order to argue hardship...

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
One

other thing, since I went there and plead not guilty after they explained that me claiming guilty was a bad idea is it still going to be ok or even allowed that I bring my lawyer into this on the scheduled court date. I meet with him on monday. I just am really sick of waiting to meet with him. Can someone clue me in. I mean yeah I said im not guilty, but do I have to fend for myself now or when I went the first time was that when I was supposed to bring him. I just wanted to find out the fine which ive said before was 500 dollars for 2 consecutive years, yeah I know its a joke. I dont think telling the court my financial situation of making 2500 dollars a year with my part time job, my being a college student, and now having lots of car problems is going to do much. THey are gonna say yeah well TOUGH sh*t kid, thats life. :roll:

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
When you plead not guilty you were not supposed to explain yourself and you didnt need a lawyer. The second date they give you is when the lawyer comes in and you explain yourself. I am pretty sure the lawyer will talk to the prosecutor and judge and will explain the situation to them. After that they might ask you some questions and after you answer you then say how sorry you were, blah, blah, blah. I think most of it will come down to how your criminal record is.

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
They said to plead not guilty for one good reason- it is likely your charge is out of the traffic infraction category and is a misdemeanor. You are definitely going to want support from a lawyer on this, you won't talk your way out of it. If you can't get a lawyer to go in with you on the set date, ask the court for a time extension for legal support. They might set a small amount for bond, I would go that route. A guilty plea for a misdemeanor will mean a permanent criminal record, you are not going to want that in the future, especially being someone who will likely be a college grad.

-UT-

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I cannot see a situation in which you would be disallowed counsel by a judge no matter when they join the proceedings. Remember that you are Constitutionally guaranteed the right to an attorney in criminal cases. If you wanted to, you would be permitted a lawyer to fight a jaywalking ticket too as it is considered a criminal offense since it breaks the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor