TIRED Of Dealing With People Selling Items

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Market place is great, i know some of you don't have FB ( lucky bast***s) ..HOWEVER lately I don't know what it is, but it seems like only morons are selling vehicle and parts lately. Last month, wanted to purchase a vehicle, SOOOOO had a week long conversation with the guy selling it, he was waiting for his "title" to come back before he could let the car go. EXCUSE me for thinking rational here, but wouldn't you have your "title" in HAND BEFORE you advertised it for sale!???? Then he blocked me! LOL MORON ALERT ....And just now, tried to purchase an interior, guy says someone else is interested, but first come first serve. I'm not a game player and I don't like it when people sell things out from under me, HENCE, I will not try to BUY out from under someone else EITHER...Its called RESPECT! Unfortunately it seems like few people know how to conduct themselves or business either anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Agreed. A lot of people are stupid anymore and don’t have any respect. I don’t think they know what respect is. I tried to buy something off of the marketplace the other day. We were messaging back and forth, and agreed to a price. He wanted me to pay through Facebook, because of PayPal fees. Said no, PayPal is how I will pay and we both agreed. I went to bed after the last message. In the morning he sent one that said items were sold to someone else. Wtf! Then messages me later in the day and said other party didn’t pay and were still available. Nope. It’s not an auction.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Sounds like he sold it to a friend that took awhile to make up his mind. I had one a few years ago, guy advertises his Malibu wagon. A roller, just what I was looking for. After agreeing on price and pick up. I line up a tow truck. That morning he decides he doesn’t want to sell it. If he’d have been in front of me then, he would have been the first person I punched in 40 years. People can be such ignorant A—holes

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I'm with ya.. A guy was selling a detroit truetrac posi unit with 3.73 ring and pinion for a 7.5 listed for $250. I messaged him and told him I would take them. Hes about 200mi away, but I would go pick it up.. he wanted to wait until he was in town here and meet more locally.. when will that be?

July......

I just said nevermind.

-Gonz

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
There's that saying where everyone assumed people were dumb because they just didn't have access to information?

Well the internet came along and proved that was wrong.

I think some people don't realize a title is necessary and assume possession of the vehicle is 9/10ths the law.

Reactions: 3 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I here ya - it goes for buying and selling. You always have the person that wants to buy something and wants you to hold it for him. After too many no-shows I will give the person a reasonable time to get here and only hold it that long. I just lost out on a golf cart, after talking to the person I told him I was on my way an it would take me about an hour to get there (didn't argue with his price). About half way there I get a call from him that someone else called and said they would give $200 more to sell it him. He wanted me to match it which I wouldn't and said he would call me back if the guy didn't take it which I said don't bother cause I don't like dealing w/ his kind. On a more pleasant note I have had great transactions and I have never had a problem with the racing community.

Reactions: 8 users

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
I'm with you guys. It is a problem with sellers and buyers. As for me I protect myself. If money does not exchanges hands its fair game. Pay in full its yours. Pay partial, you have a time frame to pay in full. My word is gold, but i don't know you and you don't know me. Its a different world unfortunately. I've been on both sides. Buddy and I were on the trail of a BB Chevelle. Headed out in the boonys to see it. Talked to the guy 2 times on the way. When we got there (2hrs) the guy said he just sold it. nice.

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I was that guy who "bought one out from under another guy". Not really, but I know I've been on the other end of the day late and a dollar short deals. When I was working at Florida Power in Crystal River, there was an ad in the local rag for a gray/gray 85 442 at a phenomenally good price. I called the guy, talked a few to get details, and said I'd meet him after work. Got the directions and after work, went down with cash in pocket. I get there a little early, we go over the car, and although the doofus that repainted the top of the car for him simply taped over the decals and then clear coated everything (not good to do with decals) it came out so-so but not terrible. Enough for me to buy it. I was surprised at how incredibly stock and straight the car was except for the re-paint. Was in the guy's family since new.

So I made my offer and handed a wad of cash the guy's way. He thought a minute, then reached out and took the money. As soon as we went inside to sign over the title and gather up the other crap, the phone rang and some guy from Tampa was on his way up to see the car. The man told him it was just sold. I could literally hear him having a hissy fit on the other side of the conversation. The guy told him that he had already told the other guy that someone had called first about it and they had an earlier appointment to see it (me) and that the car got sold. I guess I had first turn down rights or something, but what the heck. The biggest worry for me was that although I had the title and keys in hand, I had to leave the car there overnight until I could get a ride back there the next day to pick the car up. It all turned out fine.

And thus, this was the piece of crap I ended up with. Not bad if I say so.

Gray 85 442.JPG

Reactions: 10 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Both sides of the coin sucks. Buyers don't show up or think what you have is worth half of what you think it is, and the sellers think its worth what a concours restoration car is worth, but it was painted by maaco.

hayabrusa

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2015
Kijiji is just as bad, I just am unable to understand how people can throw offers at you without even looking at the item. Once in a while i will accept the offer just to see if they show up but they never do.

My way of dealing with it is not to sell anything....:LOL:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor