TIRED Of Dealing With People Selling Items

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’m surprised they havent asked , what color is it? I’ve found out that you have to be as specific as typing in a web address or your passwords.

Nov 4, 2012
I've been looking for a full size truck and some of these ads are pathetic. People asking the same price for a 25 year old truck as a 5 year old truck.

I love it when they write (usually in reference to diesels) "250,000 miles, just barely broken in for these." So at 250,000 are those u-joints also "just barely broken in?" How about those wheel bearings and tie rod ends? How about that 4R100 transmission behind it?

Then the people claiming their trucks are rust free when they have giant 5 inch diameter fender flares on them and bedliner painted from the body line down, as if I don't know what is behind it. One of my personal favorites "the AC works, it just needs charged." Lmao, sure it does.

Also, your trick aftermarket wheels are worthless to me. They don't add any value to the truck. I don't care if you wasted $3k on them. I would much rather see stock wheels and tires on it. And don't advertise a tuner on a diesel truck as if it's a plus, because I know you were probably running around with it on a lope tune rolling coal to impress your inbred pals and beating the piss out of it. If you've got a K&N intake on your truck I'm not even looking at it especially if it's a turbocharged truck. And don't tell me it has a rebuilt transmission or a new clutch if you dont have pictures or receipts to back it up.

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Try selling a mobile home listing in big bold letters it must be moved. I was asked about lot rent to live in it when they bought, to rent it instead of buying it, could I move it, the classic can their (insert diesel truck here) pull it, pay ment plans, back to it staying where it was sitting but demanding that I have to let them, can I paint it the color they want it. Then like every other add ever posted, "I'm on my way over to look at it" & never show up.

Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
God help all of us
For There will always be people trying to build cars like in their dreams without having a clue of how much money and time it really takes to build a car or like the ones they see on TV

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
God help all of us
For There will always be people trying to build cars like in their dreams without having a clue of how much money and time it really takes to build a car or like the ones they see on TV

I sorta got mine built but I still have no clue how much it has cost me or the amount of time it has taken me......and I DO NOT want to know....... :popcorn:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I sorta got mine built but I still have no clue how much it has cost me or the amount of time it has taken me......and I DO NOT want to know....... :popcorn:
WGAF!!!! Make it rain!

source.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
Here's a good one. Listed on Craigslist about an hour away, parting a 1995 F250 4wd extended cab long bed. Same setup as my F150, only a 3/4 ton. Ad says engine and transmission are gone, cab is gutted, bed is gone. Just the frame bare cab and axles left, buyer must pull parts. "Motivated seller" it says.

So just because I can't help myself, I texted the seller and asked what he wanted for the frame, axles and suspension. He says "not sure, make an offer."

I reply- It's worth $400 to me, assuming I can find a way to get it home.

Him- "There is an identical one on ebay for $1500." (Yes, because Ebay is always dead-on for prices.)

Me- Sorry I wouldn't be interested at that price, thanks anyways.

Him- "Well how much would you do if I pulled the cab?"

Me- $400.

Him- "I'll include the cab for $1000."

Me- No thanks, I don't need a cab, I just need the chassis. I'll do $400 on it, offer stands. Let me know if you change your mind.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor