To many login attempts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Whats this about?? I went to login just now, and it said that I've exceeded the maximum amount of login attempts, but this is the first time today I've been on the forum, or tried to login?

maddog20_20

Master Mechanic
Nov 20, 2010
St. Louis MO
Sounds like someone is trying to use your account - for what who knows... Could have somekind of spyware on your machine. Might try downloading Malwarebytes and running that.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Its the same bots that were spamming the site (fixed that for now), they're using dictionary attacks against the login page using random usernames it culls from other pages, so make sure your passwords are reasonably complicated!

It's not just this site, the past few weeks there's been a widespread rash of bot-based attacks against phpBB forums like this one....

I got one of those today as well. :roll:

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Is there some sort of captcha code mod that can be added?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
HurstOlds said:
Is there some sort of captcha code mod that can be added?

That's the part that was causing all the trouble with the spambots. Google's re-captcha's been cracked for a while, and I guess someone finally came up with an automated tool to get past it. So I switched to the old 'Q&A' method. Which if you've seen the questions basically confirms that you're human. Working for now....

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
i had the same problem myself today.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Here's an idea that will work for sure.

Ever heard of a program called pinnacle game profiler?? it's a program my little brother uses to use his Xbox controll with the computer. Well the serial code activation on the program is drastically different from anything else.

Instead of just a Q & A, have a Q & A like how many donuts are in a dozen, and then a box with alittle strip of color and a multi-chioce to pick which color it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor