to swap or not to swap? (that is the question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

choppercitysoprano

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2011
NEW ORLEANS
I've been thinking very hard about this and I'm split down the middle! Keep my 1987 Monte Carlo 305 or go with the LS3! If I'm playing for keeps then all signs point to the LS3! But if I keep the factory engine and numbers matching then it'll sell for more! double edge sword!

Attachments

• DSC01074.jpg
    DSC01074.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 721

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
choppercitysoprano said:
I've been thinking very hard about this and I'm split down the middle! Keep my 1987 Monte Carlo 305 or go with the LS3! If I'm playing for keeps then all signs point to the LS3! But if I keep the factory engine and numbers matching then it'll sell for more! double edge sword!
Yeah, but how much more? If its a cherry, low mileage car, keeping it bone stock is always the best bet. otherwise, a lot of modern swaps add value to a car, if done properly. Just my opinion.

edwing602

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona
Do the swap its worth it you wont want sell after you do the swap

UOFLcards

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2011
edwing602 said:
Do the swap its worth it you wont want sell after you do the swap

This.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
choppercitysoprano said:

SWAP SWAP SWAP!!!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Swap that l69 out for the ls and garage that fine piece if left coast contribution to the game :wink: gonna be finnishin up my current 86 frame off elco for sale to cop one of dem ls :wink: series engine for my 87. Mcss that im in the middle of doing. A frame off as well :wink:

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
bill said:
choppercitysoprano said:
Yeah, but how much more? If its a cherry, low mileage car, keeping it bone stock is always the best bet. otherwise, a lot of modern swaps add value to a car, if done properly. Just my opinion.

x2.... nice ride btw!!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Nice ride! do the swap and reap the rewards of newer technology.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor