Top Dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourdfox

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2014
The 2 i' ve looked at so far are very very clean. But in pictures only. Prices here in Canada appear to be alot different. But then again we allways pay double compared to our Southern neighbours. Dosn't seem to matter what it is. I agree with last post.

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
DRIVEN said:
He's having trouble selling it because it's a POS.
Yep. It doesn't even come with the original engine, and no effort was made to pretty it up.

As far as the original post, you have to research what is in your area and what prices people are asking. Every area is different concerning what's available and asking prices. I know I paid a little more for my 80 Cutlass than it was really worth. But I went ahead because I knew there were very few for sale close by. And I know prices vary by thousands of dollars from one place to another for the same model in the same condition.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
There are price guides out there for classic cars, I think even a monthly magazine that'll give 6 different prices -- ballparks, really -- depending upon the condition of the car ... I think Broughams are even supposed to be worth more. You may also want to keep track of listings on Hemmings, see what is selling at what price and what isn't

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
popeye1978 said:
There are price guides out there for classic cars, I think even a monthly magazine that'll give 6 different prices -- ballparks, really -- depending upon the condition of the car ... I think Broughams are even supposed to be worth more. You may also want to keep track of listings on Hemmings, see what is selling at what price and what isn't

Speaking of Hemmings - My car was actually featured as their pic of the day!!

Attachments

• Hemmings Find of the Day.zip
    209.9 KB · Views: 249

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
depends on where in Canada as well. I spent almost a year looking for a car until I found mine. I find the cars around S,Ont now are a littler nicer than 5 years ago ( I guess most of the junk got junked ). I would have a top end of $5k budget for something orig and $6- $7k for something already built. Couple examples below that I would consider if I was looking for another

87 Cutlass
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lon ... nFlag=true

84 GP
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/osh ... nFlag=true

tourdfox

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2014
Flight is booked for the 13 th to have a look at one of the Broughams i'm interested in. What they are asking in comparrison to what a few of you say it is worth is a long way off. I might consider 5 G max but i doubt they will let it go for that. They seem to think it's worth a ton of money. Suppose to be primo one owner car. Guess we'll see. If nothing else i'll post some pics when i get back.

jmerc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2009
I had a 1988 monte black with t tops, buckets gray interior in absolute mint condition, fully optioned, 43,000 original documented miles. All maintenance records, build sheel window sticker. I posted it in the range of the other listings locally that we're comprable. Started out at 9200$ ended up selling 10 months later for 6200$ . That was 18 months ago I still see some cars that were listed the for SI,ilar prices holding firm and are still available, others have dropped drastically and are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor