Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
*** BEEP BEEP BEEP ***
Thank you for your attention, you may return to your previous programming and inhospitable cold weather while I head back out into our North Georgia sunshine... :mrgreen:
*** BEEP BEEP BEEP ***

ck80, you can keep your f'in humidity. Savannah in summer is misery.

Santa Fe does not believe in snow plows. The city government just waits for it to melt. So, in a long bitter spell, driving in town is a chore. However, the sun usually melts things pretty fast. Black ice can be a problem on the interstate.

In my limited experience, those in the Great White North are tougher people than us American softies. That's why there's not a mad rush south. That's also why they call people living in Maine, Mainiacs. -20F keeps out the riff raff, so most choose to stay. Most everyone in New Hampshire seems to know how to weld. In Vermont, well, they make Ben and Jerry's ice cream even in January.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
ck80, you can keep your f'in humidity. Savannah in summer is misery.

Santa Fe does not believe in snow plows. The city government just waits for it to melt. So, in a long bitter spell, driving in town is a chore. However, the sun usually melts things pretty fast. Black ice can be a problem on the interstate.

In my limited experience, those in the Great White North are tougher people than us American softies. That's why there's not a mad rush south. That's also why they call people living in Maine, Mainiacs. -20F keeps out the riff raff, so most choose to stay. Most everyone in New Hampshire seems to know how to weld. In Vermont, well, they make Ben and Jerry's ice cream even in January.

If you look at the population in Canada about 85% of the people live close to the border as far south as we can. I am not tough and would love to be a softie sitting on the beach with an umbrella in my drink and my scuba tanks at my side....:cool:

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
ha ha I hope you are driving a gbody in that nice weather
If you look at the population in Canada about 85% of the people live close to the border as far south as we can. I am not tough and would love to be a softie sitting on the beach with an umbrella in my drink and my scuba tanks at my side....:cool:
last night with the wind chill we where - 46 c so yeah we are a little tough and crazy we where colder than the planet Mars ha

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
emoticon-in-winter-clothes-361.png

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
this the extended forecast for SW Ontario....I'm setting my alarm for March 15th, g'nite...:(

JANUARY 2017: temperature -10°C (1°C above avg. east, 3°C below west); precipitation 50mm (10mm above avg.); Jan 1-5: Snow, then flurries, milder; Jan 6-9: Snow, then flurries, very cold; Jan 10-19: Periods of rain and snow, mild east; snowy, cold west; Jan 20-26: Snow showers, cold; Jan 27-31: Snowy periods east, sunny west; cold.

FEBRUARY 2017: temperature -11°C (3°C below avg.); precipitation 75mm (30mm above avg.); Feb 1-4: Flurries, cold; Feb 5-9: Snowy periods, milder; Feb 10-21: Snowy periods, cold; Feb 22-24: Rain and snow east, snowstorm west; Feb 25-28: Snow showers, very cold.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor