Toronto Tree Crushes Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I don't think I would like to be in a Junk Yard in Toronto at this time of year!

I have worked in the junk yard with a foot of snow on the ground, in sub zero temps. It sucks. I bet it really sucks up north with the colder temps. I wonder how much more rusty the cars are up north? I bet they are harder to work on because of the salt induced rust.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
It really depends what part of Canada you are from here in the middle of Canada we fell the cars out east are more badly rusted because of the products they use on the roads we try to get cars from the west if possible and I do not have a heated shop so I do not work on my cars after Remembrance day until around Easter have a good day Jeff

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
In Ontario they have contractors to plow and drop salt so they get paid depending how much they plow and how much salt they spread. The contracted companies and car companies are real happy with them while our cars rust. The body shops wish there was no salt so they'd stay busy with collision repairs.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
*** BEEP BEEP BEEP ***

This is a public service announcement, a courtesy interruption of your discussions about the unreasonable cold y'all choose to live in:
Screenshot_2017-01-12-16-09-57.png

Thank you for your attention, you may return to your previous programming and inhospitable cold weather while I head back out into our North Georgia sunshine... :mrgreen:

*** BEEP BEEP BEEP ***

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
*** BEEP BEEP BEEP ***

This is a public service announcement, a courtesy interruption of your discussions about the unreasonable cold y'all choose to live in:

*** BEEP BEEP BEEP ***

I did not choose to live in this climate or county, it was imposed on me the moment I arrived when I did not have the capacity to consent....:(

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I did not choose to live in this climate or county, it was imposed on me the moment I arrived when I did not have the capacity to consent....:(

That was how I too was forced to live the first couple decades of my life. However, once I was old enough, a move 1200 miles south was in the works ;)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That was how I too was forced to live the first couple decades of my life. However, once I was old enough, a move 1200 miles south was in the works ;)

I'm north of the border so that's why I'm still here, not that I havn't tried, I got deported twice...:rofl:

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
In Ontario they have contractors to plow and drop salt so they get paid depending how much they plow and how much salt they spread.
I work for a City of Toronto contractor clearing roads and occasionally drop salt. The City specifies when plows hit the road and how much salt or brine is spread. We just follow the city's orders - don't blame the guys/gals behind the wheel.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I work for a City of Toronto contractor clearing roads and occasionally drop salt. The City specifies when plows hit the road and how much salt or brine is spread. We just follow the city's orders - don't blame the guys/gals behind the wheel.

I was talking about the provincial 400 series highways who are basically left on their own....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor