Torque value angle degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thats what I been doing.

What I am telling you is that if you know the grade of the bolt, its material, its size, its thread pitch, and whether or not it is lubricated there is a lot of information to tell you exactly what the torque spec is.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Buick_82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 17, 2019
Its a set torque bolt. That's it, its done at 70 ft lbs.
Yes. It says "torque down three equal step" to 70lbs.. Well I didn't torque them down three equal step. Since it didn't give me each lbs to torque down to make it each equal step. I set the thing at 70lbs on torque bar and torque till it got to 70lbs when it beeps. I did that with one shot on each bolt.

Buick_82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 17, 2019
What I am telling you is that if you know the grade of the bolt, its material, its size, its thread pitch, and whether or not it is lubricated there is a lot of information to tell you exactly what the torque spec is.
Yes but it tells me to torque them down three equal step. It didn't give me each equal per lbs to torque them till it's 70lbs. It a just gave me 70lbs and I torque them down all one time when it reach 70lbs till it beeps. I looked up the spec but it's not giving me a lbs per step.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yes but it tells me to torque them down three equal step. It didn't give me each equal per lbs to torque them till it's 70lbs. It a just gave me 70lbs and I torque them down all one time when it reach 70lbs till it beeps. I looked up the spec but it's not giving me a lbs per step.

The bolts come with a minimum and maximum torque spec, the minimum is your start point (ensures a clamping load), the maximum is your end point... split the difference for the middle spec. Simple enough.

Worst case scenario you can use the maximum of the next smallest bolt as your start point.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor