track ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You defiantly had a torque beast the way it was - w/ 28 tall tires you were only going through the traps @ aprox 5700 (485HP). I would have liked to have seen the results w/ just the converter change. Kinda curious why you didn't install the cam heads up. Hope it goes well today-let us know

Wingnut

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2017
Pa
You defiantly had a torque beast the way it was - w/ 28 tall tires you were only going through the traps @ aprox 5700 (485HP). I would have liked to have seen the results w/ just the converter change. Kinda curious why you didn't install the cam heads up. Hope it goes well today-let us know
KIMG0652.JPG
track wasn't to good today nobody could hook up was really hot as well this was best pass of the day

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
It’s going in the right direction. 60’ is coming down and the car is showing gains in et without big gains in mph. See what it does when the car can hook well I bet you’ll see more et gains without much mph gain.

Wingnut

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2017
Pa
It’s going in the right direction. 60’ is coming down and the car is showing gains in et without big gains in mph. See what it does when the car can hook well I bet you’ll see more et gains without much mph gain.
Agree not to bad of a day conssiconsi track condition and running pump gas and full exhaust and junk rear shocks my Qa1 were leaking put an set of competition engineering 3ways on to get by see a set of new double adjust in the near future

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
So close!! that sucks, i been there, done that... but the car is making some good power, you'll get your 10 sec slip soon, keep at 'er

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I'm kinda surprised you didn't see a more positive outcome. I would like to suggest that you keep a record of the weather you run in for reference. If you don't mind sharing your combo it might shed some light on things. As mentioned earlier that 3.90 is probably holding you back and although your making great power there is probably more up higher esp w/ a 108 lobe center. Also keep it in mind you will gain aprox tenth ET for every 100 lbs you can loose.

Wingnut

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2017
Pa
I'm kinda surprised you didn't see a more positive outcome. I would like to suggest that you keep a record of the weather you run in for reference. If you don't mind sharing your combo it might shed some light on things. As mentioned earlier that 3.90 is probably holding you back and although your making great power there is probably more up higher esp w/ a 108 lobe center. Also keep it in mind you will gain aprox tenth ET for every 100 lbs you can loose.
SBC 10.8:1 comp. Afr 220 heads com 1.5 rockers th350 trans no brake 68/72 bop 8.5 rear UMI adjustable upper/trailing arm and relocation brackets with drag anti roll sway bar trailing arm rear shock/ bumper braces had single adj on rear c/e on for now Qa series coil overs on front braced in front as well

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
What size are your rear wheels, do you have a number for the new cam? I know the old one is a comps extreme. What intake-carb are you running and is it port matched to the AFR'S. What cc'c are the AFR'S

Last edited:

Wingnut

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2017
Pa
What size are your rear wheels, do you have a number for the new cam? I know the old one is a comps extreme. What intake-carb are you running and is it port matched to the AFR'S.
It's a Reed's can serial # 2519 brodix hvh matched Intake 830 custom carb I ran 11.01 with 28" slicks tried my 26" slicks spun 11.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor