Trailer hitch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you, Mike.
Honestly, I don't intend to tow anything over 3500 lbs. Even if I do build my teardrop trailer, it shouldn't be anywhere near that weight. Even the cars I've towed were between 2000-2500 lbs.
The class III is obviously a beefier construction compared to the class II, but I think the class II will suffice for my needs. It's still a vast improvement over my crappy bumper hitch.
Like you suggested, it will be used more for bracing, and an occasional tow.

I'll more than likely go with a brand new hitch with hardware and drawbar included. It beats waiting for a used or "promised" hitch to materialize.

Last edited:

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Been holding onto this thing for many years. Can't remember where I got it but I know I had it on my car over a decade ago and actually hauled my loaded utility trailer out camping once. That was a scene, at that time I had 400hp/Th350 and Flowmaster 40's...nothing like rumbling into a nice quiet campground out in the bush-shoulda seen the looks, lol
IMG_4259[1].JPG
Stamped tongue 3500/300 wt but it sure looks a little home built to me

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Been holding onto this thing for many years. Can't remember where I got it but I know I had it on my car over a decade ago and actually hauled my loaded utility trailer out camping once. That was a scene, at that time I had 400hp/Th350 and Flowmaster 40's...nothing like rumbling into a nice quiet campground out in the bush-shoulda seen the looks, lol
View attachment 70441
Stamped tongue 3500/300 wt but it sure looks a little home built to me
I've never seen one like that before, Rick.
The one I had on my car previously bolted onto the bumper and part of the structure, like that one, but didn't have a long bar going from side to side. It also looks to me like a homemade hitch.
Thanks for posting the pic.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i just wish i could get a class II hitch with a 2in receiver instead of the 1-1/4
joe

• Agree

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
If you do a search of "trailer towing", you'll find 12 pages of posts. A search of "Class III hitches", you'll find 8 threads to read more posts. I hope they help!

Doug

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for the suggestion, Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor