trans swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Thanks so much for the input. I greatly appreciate it. I have another question as well. I swapped out my 7.5 diff for an 8.5 grand national posi unit. I was told that my stock driveshaft won't fit and will have to be shortened because of the swap in the rears. I had always thought they would be interchangeable since the grand nationals/ olds 442/ Hursts came equipped with a 200r4 and 8.5 from factory. Will my factory Monte Carlo driveshaft bolt up to the 8.5? Thanks again for all of your help. I should have joined over a year ago when I started tearing my car apart. Oh well..here I am now.

The most likely difference between flexplates is the offset; when you go back to the 60's cranks and blocks. Just be certain to have the clearance between the convertor and flexplate meet the convertor mfg. specs. This is a must do on all installations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor