transmission capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

84bluemonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2007
Illinois
does anyone know how much power a stock th350 out of an mc can handle...also if i added a shift kit would that hold up to a mildly built 350???

N.O.S SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2006
Bloomingburg NY
It will handle 350 hp with no problem.Would take a bunch more than that if its in good shape.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I don't have any formal training, but the 350 and 700 can handle a max of 450-500hp. That's unless you're running slicks. If you start hooking up with that kind of power, say good-by to your stock transmission and rear end.

84bluemonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2007
Illinois
yeah im not gonna be running that much power i wish though. i would say the max ill be putting out is around 350 with a stock transmission and stock rearend. ill be putting in a shift kit and then be keeping my eye out for a posi unit and some moser axles or somethin but i figure ill drive it like that and if the rear goes then ill get a new one or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor