Transmission cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Placing a trans cooler up front seems to be the way to go when you consider air flow being a critical necessity. I like the diagrams provided by Clone TIE Pilot and will probably opt for the in series setup which gives me additional cooling to the radiator trans cooler and allows use of existing trans fluid lines.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I’ll let you know how the Derale setup works tomorrow. So far the street hits are cooler than the Hayden and low budget fan.

Reactions: 1 user

Eric1971

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 19, 2020
It doesn't need to go in front of the radiator.
Couple of questions :
What cooler are you using?
How are you planning to plumb it?
Why the need for an external cooler other than the radiator?

I just swapped out a Hayden and low budget fan for a Derale setup that includes the fan. View attachment 180534

You can see in that I cut holes in the air dam. I'm not sure of their effectiveness, but time will tell.

I don't use the trans cooler in the radiator only because I don't want the trans fluid at 170-190 degrees at the start of a 1/4 mile run.
Thanks for the help. With an extra set of hands I was able to get the top plate off and install the transmission cooler. Works good. thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor