Transmission Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coriolanus

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2011
I've seen two types of transmission lines. There are the all metal ones that you have to bend and pretty much make to fit your application and then the ones you can get from Autozone that are metal at the tips and rubber in the middle. Has anyone had any experience with either one? Any problems with one versus the other?

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
i use the metal ones. better peice of mind running by headers. and rubbers leak

Coriolanus

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2011
Dennyboy said:
i use the metal ones. better peice of mind running by headers. and rubbers leak

I do plan on getting headers, so it looks like metal ones it is. Thanks.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
can't remember the company but they make ones that have a black epoxy on the out side that actually look really good.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
I have a brand new set of inline tube stainless hard lines I might sell. Debating going to a braided an lines to plumb in a secondary transmission cooler

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
I made my own from cupronickel tubing, just as I (and just about every British repair shop) make brake lines.
I have made fuel lines and P/S return lines as well.
I mentioned on another forum that I'm surprised you guys don't do this.

Roger.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I use braided nylon AN hose with black annodized AN fittings. Works great and absolutely no leaks. Keep it away from the headers and any sharp objects and you're good!

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
79loserbluebu said:
I use braided nylon AN hose with black annodized AN fittings. Works great and absolutely no leaks. Keep it away from the headers and any sharp objects and you're good!

any pics of your setup?

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
mebe007 said:
79loserbluebu said:

any pics of your setup?
IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

The last pic kinda shows it. I had to use 45° fittings to get it right. Not sure what trans you have but with the c-clip lines Earl's and Russell sell a fitting to convert the trans to AN fittings. Nice piece and comes with a copper crush seal.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
very nice. are those push lock or reg fittings? did you use the factory cooler as well? im going to try and utilize both. also what size cooler is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor