transmission linkage adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I rest my case. That lug nut isn't going to dry rot and fall apart. Let's consider it an "engineering improvement".
I've always considered that a rube move if that's the first go-to. A metal coat hanger stuck in the a broken antenna hole works, too. At least put some grease on the metal-to-metal contact points if you go that route.

I haven't had any uncapped lugnuts in many years and have a bagful of these bushings. I guess I'd be stuck having to fix it correctly, emergency or not.

Reactions: 1 user

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
It is hokey. When you can get the right sacrificial bushing, don't use a lug nut unless it's an emergency. There's enough parts that aren't made any more that people wish they could get.

Cross shaft bushing is GM part number 1377083 or equivalent aftermarket. Apparently from real-world testing, it takes roughly about 35 years or so for it to wear out.

Only a lug nut would use a lug nut. :) If you care about your car, fix it right.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor