REGAL transmission time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Could i use a turbo 400 trans with my sbc 305. I found one locally for 150.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
Would require a different crossmember if you don't have an overdrive transmission in there. Even though a TH400 is a 3 speed non od trans, it and the 200r4 share the same crossmember coincidentally. If you have a rolling chassis, just get a 200r4. that'd let you run a higher stall (with converter lockup) and steeper gears and still be at a reasonable rpm on the highway. The 200r4 also has better 1-2 spread and better od than a 700r4. Plus almost all 200r4s are unibell pattern, meaning you can bolt basically any gm engine to it, chevy, buick, olds, pontiac, cadillac. 700r4 are only chevy. If your car is running and driving, keep the 200r4, nothing wrong with them. Put in a shift kit, make sure the fluid is good, get a GN 2400 converter (or similar stall), make sure the tv cable is adjusted and the air door tension on the quadrajet (if original 4 barrel carb is still on the engine) is good, and you'll have a great car.

Reactions: 1 users

9millameter08

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2018
Is my tv cable suppose to be loose at the carb?? Could that be the reason my regal won't shift??

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
So there are Canadian Parts books and Canadian repair manuals, too? I never even thought of that. Canadian cars never switched to olds 307's? '87's were 305 Chevy's too?

Edit:
In the Parts book, Export Regals have a H vin - 305 LG4. Available Transmissions are TH200C 3 speed (MV9) or TH2004R 4 speed W/Overdrive (MW9)

I found the Canadian repair manual.
download.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
God I hate Labatt Blue, even when I drank beer. I know for sure up here 85 was sbc 305, guy at College had one. Unless they were like the Hurst/Olds, 442 and 88 Cutlass and basically US cars as all were Olds 307 powered from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor