Transmission troubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_s1987

Greasemonkey
Oct 8, 2015
Ontario Canada
Hey guys, I had quick question for you about my transmission. I have a 200r4 that I just put into my cutlass that hasn't been run since it was rebuilt. I finally got around to installing the driveshaft today and I noticed that when I have my car in reverse (not running) I am still able to push it.. but there is a clicking sound coming from the transmission. When I put it back into neutral it rolls like normal without clicking.

I also just installed a new B&M megashifter so I guess my question is do you think there might be something wrong with the transmission? Or maybe when installed the b&m shifter cable I didn't adjust it right and it's half way between neutral and reverse?

Anyways just thought I would see if anyone could offer some insight into this issue before I jack it up tomorrow to check the cable.

As always, any help is much appreciated!

Dave

dave_s1987

Greasemonkey
Oct 8, 2015
Ontario Canada
So I ended up jacking the car up today and re adjusting the shifter cable. It definitely needed a small amount of adjustment but did not really change much.

With the car jacked up i was able to spin the rear wheel in every gear except for park. Is that normal? I thought the only time my car would be able to roll (when its not running) was when it was in neutral.

I plan on starting it all up sometime this weekend or early next week for the first time ever so I can't really test it under load until then. I just wanted to know if I should be preparing myself for some trans issues or if that was normal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor