Trick Chassis or Hellwig

PM Corbett

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2023
PNW
Thanks guys. I appreciate it a lot. I think I am going to do the trick chassis setup. Looking at it over all I think the benefits outweigh the cost.
At that level I think neither kit is necessary. A stock frame in good condition is plenty strong enough for cruising and an 11 sec trip down the strip. Is this a transbrake or stick 11 sec car or nitrous with a progressive controller? An 11 sec car with high mph is not the same as an 11 sec car with a low 1 second 60 foot car.

I'm not doubting the benefits of a stiffer frame but you will get more results from poly body mounts for street and back road when considering the level of work required to install either one

I definitely will also be doing the bushings. And you're probably right about it not being necessary, but I'm a go-all-out person. lol. I won't have a trans brake and I'll be running 3.88 with the 4l80 3200 stall, and manual shift body. Not sure what the upgrades are on the transmission, as that's still over there. What that is in terms of 60 and overall time I don't know. But I hope 11s =D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Thanks guys. I appreciate it a lot. I think I am going to do the trick chassis setup. Looking at it over all I think the benefits outweigh the cost.

I definitely will also be doing the bushings. And you're probably right about it not being necessary, but I'm a go-all-out person. lol. I won't have a trans brake and I'll be running 3.88 with the 4l80 3200 stall, and manual shift body. Not sure what the upgrades are on the transmission, as that's still over there. What that is in terms of 60 and overall time I don't know. But I hope 11s =D
Don’t forget the TC kit is chromoly, it may need to be TiG welded for heat control to prevent the tubing from becoming brittle at the joints.
Might as well throw in the TC frame boxing plates too, they’re only $75

Reactions: 2 users

PM Corbett

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2023
PNW
Don’t forget the TC kit is chromoly, it may need to be TiG welded for heat control to prevent the tubing from becoming brittle at the joints.
Might as well throw in the TC frame boxing plates too, they’re only $75
1695327923642.png

Got almost the whole setup coming. Thanks for the tip on the Tig welding. I wouldn't have known that otherwise. Lets see how long before it arrives...

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor