trunk security

Status
Not open for further replies.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
Somebody tried breaking into my trunk. Is it possible for me to put "hood locks" on the trunk

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I shaved my trunk lock. So to get in now would required damaging vehicle, which if they are willing to do that kind of damage no system except a 24/7 armed guard could stop.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
I wanted to shave it but wat do I need to open it. And I was thinking putting locks on it like the hood would just be easier

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I have the factory electric remote trunk popper so not issue. All you need is add the solenoid wire it and button up front and opens fine. I never opened my trunk with a key before I shaved it anyway.

Only issue with hood latch setup is it is opposite of trunk so have to fab the latch to fit the trunk lid.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Yeah bro I would just find a factory trunk pop solenoid if you don't have one, then shave the trunk. Or hook up a pin switch if you have an alarm.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
CWPottenger said:
Only issue with hood latch setup is it is opposite of trunk so have to fab the latch to fit the trunk lid.

I believe he's talking about hood pins/locks and not a stock hood latch assembly.

Other than looking stupid they could be made to work I guess.

The shaved trunk lock is a good idea but it will take body work that you may or may not want to mess with. And in conjunction with the electric solenoid I would also hook up a manual pull cable that could be accessed from inside the car in case the solenoid ever went bad.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
Yea I was talking about like hood pins/locks..I kinda figured it wouldn't look the sexiest but hey ish works lol. But ad far as shaving the lock off and putting in selinoid I could do that but I'm not painting the car anytime soon ya know? I don't want a big grey area back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor