turbos for sbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeboDaddy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
I dont have any pics, but I can describe it in detail until I snap some.

My oil feed is coming from the little plug right above the oil filter. I'm pretty sure I used a 1/8NPT/-4AN fitting, then hooking into that is a -4AN pushlock 90* fitting, going to about 7 feet of 1/4" pushlock hose up the drivers side of the engine, under the upper radiator hose, through the alternator bracket and over the alternator, then over to the turbo.

For the drain, I have a 1/2NPT/-8AN 45* pushlock fitting coming off the bottom of the turbo CHRA, about 2 foot of 1/2" pushlock hose, down to another 45* -8AN/1/2NPT fitting, then a 1/2NPT bulkhead drilled/attached to a fuel pump block off plate.

DeboDaddy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
Phoenyx said:
Got any videos?

Sorry, no vids yet, but i will have soon. I just acquired a GoPro, and I will be using it for the track and maybe a few street pulls.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
DeboDaddy said:
Phoenyx said:
Got any videos?

Sorry, no vids yet, but i will have soon. I just acquired a GoPro, and I will be using it for the track and maybe a few street pulls.

Cool, I'm excited to hear/see your car.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
DeboDaddy,

Think you could make a build thread for what you did there. I am pretty interested in your set up but am intimidated by the work and cost people have into them. Yours seems reasonably priced and rather simple. Thanks.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Thats so cool :mrgreen: Bet the "little" 305 will surprise some rides out there... Love the low budget route too :wink:

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
CHRIS.O said:
DeboDaddy,

Think you could make a build thread for what you did there. I am pretty interested in your set up but am intimidated by the work and cost people have into them. Yours seems reasonably priced and rather simple. Thanks.

x2

DeboDaddy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
Crapple21 said:
CHRIS.O said:
DeboDaddy,

x2
Yea I could do that. Let me gather up all my receipts and stuff today and when I get off work I'll get to work. I dont have a ton of pictures, but i have enough to give ya an idea :wink:

Jun 23, 2014
I am new to this forum and any forum. This is my first post ever. But I want more in for on building a 305 with the turbo. I want to buy the GT45 ebay turbo. Mild cam, intake manifold, 1406 carb and headman headers on the 84 305 El Camino SS.

I seen old post from DeboDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor