Turn signal issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
Sounds like you have a dead bulb or a circuit that is not getting completed and is resembling a dead bulb. When I had dead bulbs my lights would blink with the hazards on but not when the turn signals were on.

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
Sounds like you have a dead bulb or a circuit that is not getting completed and is resembling a dead bulb. When I had dead bulbs my lights would blink with the hazards on but not when the turn signals were on.
Should i just get all new bulbs and try that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
Do the brake lights and the tail lights. That will total 4 bulbs and I think only ran me like $10

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
Cause they are probably old anyway and even if he doesn't need all of them he will have them laying around when they are needed. It's not alot of money so why wait till he gets a ticket for one being out

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I've been going through much of the same problems, except I swapped out the front turn signal for a DRL LED turn signal setup in the front and did the LED panels in the tails. Before I did the switch they would just light up and not flash with turn signals but would work as the flashers, I don't have a stock gauge set up so can't see about the panel lighting up or flashing. The LED tails came with an LED flasher which I put in, but also put in LED reverse and plate bulbs which won't work. That leads me to believe it is ground related, I am gonna try and figure it out tonight.

th_Snapchat-347869690.mp4

Last edited:

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
I had a similar problem on my 84GP. The front parking lights would come on, the front turn signals would come on but not blink, the front hazards would come on but not blink, the instrument panel lights would come on also but not blink and everything in the rear was completely dead. After some investigation with a volt/ohm meter, It turned out to be the wiring loom that supplies the rear lights. It runs from under the instrument panel down behind the drivers kickpanel and then all the way back to the trunk under the carpet. You can see it in the trunk area on the left side. It will look like a black flat connector with about 6 or 8 color coded wires. The problem with this loom is that the conductors are aluminum which can get brittle and break very easily from age.

Plain Jane

Apprentice
Sep 9, 2014
Noticed the other day that my hazards don't blink, they stay solid. Turn signals work just fine. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor