Turn signal issue

Dec 2, 2023
My turn signals on dash are not working but the lights on outside flash like normal same with hazards, I have replaced bulbs in the instrument panel. Fuse is also good. Any other ideas on what the issue could be? It’s a 1980 cutlass.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
If other gauges and warning lights work the ground is the same ground so that is not likely the issue.

I would check the connector to the gauge cluster, light blue (left) and dark blue (right) wires where the connector mates with the printed circuit.

Check the printed circuit plastic it is fragile when new and very fragile after 40 years so be gentle, also check the sockets and make sure the brass contacts that touch the printed circuit are clean and touching.

Reactions: 3 users
Dec 2, 2023
If other gauges and warning lights work the ground is the same ground so that is not likely the issue.

I would check the connector to the gauge cluster, light blue (left) and dark blue (right) wires where the connector mates with the printed circuit.

Check the printed circuit plastic it is fragile when new and very fragile after 40 years so be gentle, also check the sockets and make sure the brass contacts that touch the printed circuit are clean and touching.
Ok I’ll check that and see if that does it, thank you

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor