Tv bracket for 200r4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I see many problems with the Edelbrock carb on Olds sites. Some spend hours tuning them to no avail. As said you need the corrector and an adjustable TV bracket should work, to make sure you get proper TV pull, Summit sells a few. I had that issue on a late 70's dual jet and a Qjet bracket with a 2004R. The 260 would have came factory with a TH200, wouldn't have guessed it would have been different. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/spe-24283/

71_340

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2019
FLW, Missouri
I am pretty certain that the extended arms/adapters shown in this thread will not provide the correct geometry for the TV cable and your shift points and kick down as well as transmission pressure will never be right. Before buying the 87 MC SS (haven't picked it up yet) I had a 69 Chevelle SS with a 454 crate engine and a Bowtie Overdrive Stage 2 200-4r transmission.

I used the TV cable kit from Bowtie Overdrives, it has an adjustable cam and comes with its own cable, cable bracket and a different pressure valve spring. Yes, it was expensive but it is the best way to get it right and assure to have correct shift points and most importantly the correct line pressure. You can look at their web site and check it for yourself. There are different versions for different carburetors, I had a Holley on my engine. The at I just bought has a Quick Fuel (basically a Holley) and I will use the same set up.

Last, some say the Edelbrock is bad, some say the Holley is bad. I think what makes any carburetor bad is the lack of understanding and/or not being able to properly tune or adjust one of those "out of the box and run" carburetors.

Reactions: 1 user

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
  • Informative

71_340

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 24, 2019
FLW, Missouri
The problem is not so much the factory bracket but where the TV cable attaches on your aftermarket carburetor and how far that attaching point is away from the TV cable mounting bracket. It is almost always possible to get the correct setting at WOT, however, what matters also is where the TV valve is at idle and that it starts to move just off idle......that is where your drivability comes from as well as proper transmission line pressure at a given throttle opening.

ArsonSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2011
Thanks for the great info guys. I took it to a shop in my area. I don’t have the time to figure it out myself. Should be getting it back in a couple of days

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor