IMG_7104.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Is the timing 18 degrees or so at idle?

Have you ran this with the radiator cap on for a heat cycle?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
And you're sure it's overheating? Has your sensor been scaled correctly? Or do you have another in the other head running a mechanical guage?

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Wrapping the pipes will help. But I’m with Shawn, be sure it’s over heating before you get crazy throwing parts at it. Use a heat gun on the pipes. Make sure your rad hoses are getting pressurized (hard). When warming up verify when the t-stat opens via heat gun and gauges. And let it get to 225-230 before shutting it down. You won’t hurt a thing letting it get to high 230’s, but high 220’s is normal operation for some applications.

Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
man, looks beautiful.

tie the steam line to water pump outlet to radiator.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I was going to mention that as well. The steam line is not supposed to go into the water pump. I'll poke around for the article and repost here if I can find it.

Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2022
And you're sure it's overheating? Has your sensor been scaled correctly? Or do you have another in the other head running a mechanical guage?
Wrapping the pipes will help. But I’m with Shawn, be sure it’s over heating before you get crazy throwing parts at it. Use a heat gun on the pipes. Make sure your rad hoses are getting pressurized (hard). When warming up verify when the t-stat opens via heat gun and gauges. And let it get to 225-230 before shutting it down. You won’t hurt a thing letting it get to high 230’s, but high 220’s is normal operation for some applications.
Gonna do the tstat and check the pump. Burp the hell out of the system and see what happens

johnnunez29

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2022
I was going to mention that as well. The steam line is not supposed to go into the water pump. I'll poke around for the article and repost here if I can find it.
This system runs like that. Not sure why but that’s instructions per Holley website.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor