Types of Jobs im good for help me out if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
Hey guys im actually talking through my playstation 3 because my computer broke a while back, anyway iI thought id clue all those in about things that have recently happened to me, Cutty Brougham i talked to you quite often. Yeah my dad got cancer back in August, he passed away this last Febuary and my mom well shes had many strokes over hte last few years shes been in a nursing home for 3 months. We are bringing her home to take care of her in just a matter of days, anyhow this post is about the following:

Well i am now only 17 credits from graduating with my BA in history, i know its not much at least not in this ecoonmy, and what not. I know that I am going to graduate school for European history. My emphasis will be on the Industrial revolution, wars, military history, and all things imperialism. I would really like to be a professor in like 10 years once my PHD is finished and everything. But heres what i wanna know.

Have any of you seen the movie blood diamond, if so what job does the lady who is exploiting news western world hold in that movie, you know the one who helps the actor Dijimon Honsou at the end? Is she like a reporter or journalist, i mean i notice as well she is involved with the military too. Also in the movie a few good men, Tom Cruise is a lawyer but for the army i think it is? I guess what im saying is i know theres other jobs i can get my with my history degrees even just part time ones, Are there such jobs that like coincide with the military ever, contractors who hire people to study maps, GPS, and strategy to plan, make new weapons, or study political and military thought as to where to attack from next in wars and what not< who are these people? I know there are jobs out there but what do they call these people, are they like analyists or something, ?? I have to imagine some of hte military guys know what i mean on this board, let me know would ya my friend in the military was trying to expliain a little bit with me about it but i didnt get waht he meant half of the time. anyway thanks for reading, i have a lot on my plate, one things for sure ill be getting my masters within the next 3 to 4 years though

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
are you supposing that maybe along with my masters in history i might want to get like a masters degree in journalism as well as learn as many foriegn languages that i can? i mean sounds like a good idea. I just want to do a lot of traveling, meet people man, and see other cultures outside of our U.S.A ya know.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I don't know what to tell you except that a military attorney would be a Judge Advocate general (JAG) in at least one branch of the service, and a map maker is called a cartographer. As for this economy, yes it is quite scary. I know that I have to change my major from engineering to something else that I can get quickly so that I can move on with my life, but have no idea what that will be.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
well ok, nice picture btw Blaka lol I love Tyrone man hes the sh*t. I may give some further thought to the navy or army or something as an officer, but i just dont really support the stuff we are doing currently though, but a jobs a job i guess. I love meeting new people other regions of the world. I really like the women of other countries too, so exotic. Never had me a women from the U.S. just dont really share the idealism or views of most of the girls here. Funny i share the same interests of the girls from other parts of the world though.

Anyway, so i guess what im looking at is perhaps a part time journalism job or something along them lines, while i teach and do research teaching about the industrial revolution, military history, and what not. Anyone here take any French or German classess, what are they like hard language to learn. Many of the worlds biggest industrial revolution items were German hence well they are some crafty SOBs ahah,

I forgot what your degree was even going to be in Cutless

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
I loved History and related stuff in College . Had bunch friends who were and do have masters in History on many levels Graduating from top name colleges .

. Hate to say not one of them found full time a job (other than part time teaching gigs ) In the area. Most went back for a more "today" applied degree.

Or like me went on to construction. In my company out of 50 workers There r 6 with a degree on the wall that never found a job.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
Yeah a few of my good friends that were my professors are in the same boat. They got a PHD even and get get a job full time. I might be stuck doing that for a while, heck ill prolly get my PHD in history and hope to get lucky if the job market ever comes back. I may pick up and leave and go to Europe even or Asia, nothing really keeps me where I am, im 24 and not married or anything. I could even join the armed forces, or peace corps or something idk yet. I could never get a career though in construction though too many hot heads, and gear headed dicks with no degrees and smarts i couldnt deal with it all day long, not that a degree makes you better or anything, but being a higher caliber, you know more professional with a degree like a PHD id have to settle for part time even maybe ill never drop to doing a just high school diploma kinda job, the hell with that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor