UAWs and missed opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
Disagree

G bodies look terrible with 14" wheels of any kind.

Not a fan of overly intricate wheels or most old musclecar wheels on G bodies...I'm a 5 spoke kind of guy
I AGREE

Attachments

• 1505143558269_7387618248_cff41f5c.jpg
    1505143558269_7387618248_cff41f5c.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 1 user

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I used to feel the same way but now I just appreciate that someone cares for the same style car and will do work to it instead of sending it to the junkyard. I'll support any style G-body build even if it's not my style/taste, too many people are buying transportation now, not buying a hobby/lifestyle/passion and I want to support those that love cars.

I agree... I still cringe when I see those Gad Awful looking rides(IMO), but having customized, modified, and built cars I can appreciate the time and effort it takes to make a car unique and fits the owners tastes...

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I personally don't care much for the huge wheels unless they "fit" the build style, and the owner upgrades the brakes. I see it all the time here in Louisville....but it burns me to see them huge wheels with stock brakes! That's just asking for disaster!

In stock form, the factory rallye's fit the look of our cars with the raised white letter tires. My cutlass looked great with black paint, black and chrome olds rallye's and BFG's....
20150621_153323.jpg

When I had the Centerline's it looked killer...
20161215_225945.png

However, once the paint is done the 14's will be retired with a 17" version of what I think will look right at home....
20160609_191837.jpg

Obviously, opinions and build styles are like a-holes, we all have em and whatever suits ones fancy then so be it! Rant over lol!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Disagree

G bodies look terrible with 14" wheels of any kind.

Yep....none of the factory 14" gbody wheels look good. IMO the best looking wheels on a g body are either factory 15" (SS, Hurst/442, GN, T-type) or 15" Weld, Centerline, Cragar.....etc. Basically anything that looks period correct.....

I never really understood the appeal of the 18"+ circus wheels on g body cars. Good way to ruin the appearance of a clean, original looking car.

cjk374

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2017
Louisiana
I used to feel the same way but now I just appreciate that someone cares for the same style car and will do work to it instead of sending it to the junkyard. I'll support any style G-body build even if it's not my style/taste, too many people are buying transportation now, not buying a hobby/lifestyle/passion and I want to support those that love cars.

This is a very good point. I love the work done to preserve these great cars above the wheels. I am just not a fan of the wheels.

And apologies to the fine labor union with the same initials.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
How many times have you driven down the road and seen a beautiful g-body riding on UAWs? What are UAWs you ask?

https://goo.gl/images/F2yoFa

(I am still trying to learn how to post images...my apologies for having just the link)

Ugly *ss Wheels!

Sometimes I just wanna drag the driver out & take their car from them & declare them unworthy to own such a great car. These wheels are hideous.

Now the convertible part is awesome! Why didn't GM have this as an option for g-bodies back in the day?
I'll go to the convertible aspect, done they are awesome, the wheels :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I say to each there own I was never a big wheel guy but I think my 87 is going to get 17" Hurst dazlers with Blazer spindles and Corvette front brakes like Scott said fit the build. Big wheels not my thing but some of those cars are gorgeous! And I respect any build in fact if I hold on to September's g-body of the month I may put it on air bags. Why? Because I never have and I think it would be different

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Those I like, old musclecar look, but in a size that IMO better fits the wheelwells
That's the plan. I think they look way better in the 17". With the build theme of my Cutlass having a modified stock look when complete they should match well, or at least I'm hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor