UMI Releases New Product: Front Frame Reinforcement Brace for the 1978-1988 GM G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
Front Frame Reinforcement Brace for the 1978-1988 GM Body
P/N- 3053
Priced at $229.99/each

UMI Performance, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of our new G-body front frame reinforcement brace. This brace spans the front frame horns and stiffens that area while tying in to the crossmember as well. The UMI frame reinforcement brace takes the place of the popular “Grand Prix Bar” and also the stock frame reinforcements. No drilling is required and hardware is included. This brace weighs in at 9-1/2 lbs with included hardware and is recommended for street, strip, auto-x or road racing. The UMI P/N 3053 is available with tough red or black powder coat and is designed and manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA. The UMI P/N 3053 is used on our popular G-Body Green Machine.

WEBSITE LINK HERE

3053a_LRG.jpg

3053ab_LRG.jpg

3053ae_LRG.jpg

3053af_LRG.jpg
Do you have a weight comparison on your front brace compared to the factory pieces?

Reactions: 1 user

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I asked this earlier, but no answer yet. I have a front airdam ducting so I was wondering how huch space is there between the bar and the radiator support base. Very nice looking piece.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I believe Ramey said it weighs 9lbs, versus the stock bars which weigh 6lbs.

GBodyShop

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2007
NYC
Just got an email from UMI today, they are shipped. Damn I need my new tires before I installed everything. They are back order.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Wonder why they are priced so much higher than the SC&C brace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor