Update on the daily driver wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moloko

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2008
Allentown, Pennsylvania
So yeah, after about 4 months of daily driving this thing, made a few changes, and a few more have to be made.

Here it is in winter form. Winterforce tires on the rear, and 350lbs of sand in the back.

1979MalibuWagon041.jpg

First, got rid of the single row rad that was in the car, and now have a 3 row out of a Monte SS. Now the car never goes over 180. Also ditched the electric fans and went back to a factory clutch fan and shroud.

1979MalibuWagon042.jpg

Also, no more MSD box because it shat one day after getting coffee on the way to work.

1979MalibuWagon043.jpg

Also, the current exhaust is a Monte SS setup from the cat back, and a 76 Malibu Y-pipe. Has a magnaflow high flow cat from my friends DSM when she switched to a full 3'' setup. Has HORRIBLE sounding Flowtech raptor mufflers. Soon I'll be ordering some magnaflows.

1979MalibuWagon045.jpg

I cut the tails so they'd exit behind the rear wheels, instead of under the bumper.

1979MalibuWagon046.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Jeez, a wagon and local too.

Looks like you got a good start there.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
nice job on the upgrades, looks great

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
welcome looks like a good clean start anything done to the motor and what mator is it? welcome to the long roofs

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Looks sweet. I dig the dish hub caps.

I had a pair of good snow tires on the back of my Malibu wagon but only had 120 lbs. of sand in the back (a little easier on gas) and I got through everything including a couple 8"+ snowfalls.

Keep it clean!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
Just realized you have more sand in the back of your malibu than i do in my 1/2 ton truck!

Moloko

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2008
Allentown, Pennsylvania
The car has a new GM 260hp 350 crate motor. Edelbrock Performer IAS intake. 600cfm Edelbrock carb. That's it, really. Has a TH350 trans. Just my daily driver. I have to pull it apart again though because its leaking oil out of every gasket (oil pan, front cover, valve covers, front/rear of intake). So while it's out, I'm probably going to put a Performer cam in it as well.

Other than that I'm just going to do body work, paint, and get some new wheels and tires. I'm probably staying with steelies, but I'm trying to find a set of copo caps for it. Wheels will be painted body color.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
Same motor i put in mine, also a driver. Not my daily, but i was not looking to blow anyone away either. Still a fun amount of power

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
That's the same motor that was in my 442 post 307, and pre 455. I got it for free with only 25K miles on it in an incredibly rusty K5 Blazer. Sure, it's no big block, but it's more than enough to put a big ol' smile on your face when you need to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor