Upgrading bench seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldsmoBucket_85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 8, 2022
Has anyone ever upgraded their bench seats for Camaro seats or other aftermarket seats?
Is There a write-up anywhere?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I installed Cerullo buckets in both my Monte and Regal and modified all 4 buckets to be power using Gbody 60/40 power driver's seat bases.
These are very comfortable and supportive buckets but also pricey.

IMG_2137.JPG
20220601_154700 (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
They look awesome!
How did you go about cutting and fitting the rails?
I appreciate the compliment, I made adapters out of aluminum plate to mount the seats to the power tracks. I did not modify the tracks.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Here's mine- Scat Procar Rally Smoothback:https://procarbyscat.com/product/rally-smoothback/
IMG_0349.jpg

At 5'-11", 195 lbs. the booty section is kinda snug, and maneuvering over the thigh bolster requires some flexibility, but I still like them. I used their bench to bucket bracket:

PN 81184, and 81185. I bought mine from Summit. The Procar site lists them for Gran Prixs and El Caminos only, so I emailed them to confirm adaptability to my 79 Cutlass. The outer bracket bolts to the original floor mount and the inner directly to the floor pan.
I later added seat belt guides from some junkyard seats('07 Cobalt?) to keep the belts off my neck.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor