upgrading to bigger rims and tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

guisseppe69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2014
I don't know why but for some weird reason white cars with gold rims look good to me. Plus I can go black plastidip if I get sick of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-25-15-11-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-25-15-11-01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 564

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Once you said white, that was the first car I thought about.
guisseppe69 said:
Hoping to come close to this look.
Yep, that will look good with the gold centers.
Get rid of the side molding or get white ones, white out the bumpers and black out the rest and you have it.
You went with the stock style drop spindles. I was thinking you had the upgraded Blazer drop spindles because were saying you needed to clear the hubs. The '98 - '05 Blazer setup is bigger and a whole lot of guys on this site have them on their cars because its a direct fit and it won't clear stock rims. 16s are the smallest that would fit.

My '88s suspension is still stock. I'm getting another frame to do my mods to. I got a rust issue that needs a frame off to fix. So i choose to just switch frames. The new frame will be boxed and notched, have a completely different adjustable rear suspension, (I only heard of one other member here that has my rear sus setup. ) QA1 adjustable front springs, and the Blazer front Fbody rear disc brakes. Very basic nothing exotic at all. The set up will be 18x 8.5 front and 18 x 9.5 rear. I'm still saving for the frame, rear suspension, and rear axle. About 6 grand for the three.
I'm almost done getting the rear axle. I woulda got the frame first but nowhere to put it now.
T

Judge Mills

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2014
Washington State
guisseppe69 said:
My wheels!

Those look great! So these are: "STR 514 18x8.5 with +30 offset and a 32mm thick adapters (5x4.75 to 5x4.5) which should give it a -2 offset for all 4 wheels" right?

How much $ for the set?

guisseppe69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2014
Sorry for the late reply but not getting any notifications when people reply so I never know. Any ways yes my rims are 18x8.5 with +30 offset. I did discover that the back spacing is or more important than the offset. It has 6"BS and for me to clear the inside towards the frame i need to get that down to 4-4.75 BS and get the offset to 0 to -30mm. Here is why if your offset is to much in the negative and you push out towards the outer fender you better be sure you dont stick out pass it or else be prepared to do some fender cutting and not just rolling. If you don't have the BS between 4-4.75 then expect some rubbing on the frame side. So my discovery is this. I will run 18x8.5 all around ( was hoping to use 18x10 in the rear but by the time the BS and offset is correct I need major mods on my fender) at +30mm & 6" BS I need to use 2 inch adapters/spacers because this will give me a -20.8mm offset and 4"BS. Also because to clear my hubs in the front to be able to put on my center caps. I will be going with 245/40/18 in the front and 265/40/18 in the rears. Because of our winter weather this won't happen closer to spring. Car goes into paint in 2 weeks which will take a couple of months as my buddy is doing it up on his free times during the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor