Upper rad hose burst.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
on I40 yesterday. In 95 degree heat. Temp light came on and I shut it down, immediately. Heard a tap before it got done. Blew all my coolant and looked like got so hot as to run low on oil. I keep a good check on my fluids. Anyway the side ripped clean at thermostat housing.
Got it towed home, after sitting there for 2 hours.
Got a new upper hose, failsafe thermostat, oil, gasket, gasket sealer, and coolant.
GOt everything changed this morning, and no leaks....yet.
But at idle, it runs like it's missing.....bad. When revved up a bit, it clears up, then idles back down to shake the whole car.

My cap is fine. Think I fouled a plug or wire? Damage the internals on the motor. NO coolant in oil at all.

Any ideas?

pull the plugs and take a look. if they looked fouled just burn all the crud off them with a torch and see if it clears up the miss. if it were me i would go to the parts store and rent a cooling system pressure tester also to help diagnose a head gasket. and check compression. u know for a fact the engine overheated so i would do it just to make sure everything is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor