UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
But companies still ship with them ...why ? cost ?

That company probably has an account with UPS, so yeah it's most likely a cost thing.

UPS has the Summit Racing account. We get multiple entire flatbeds filled with stuff from Summit every day. Regardless of how much frieght we get from Summit, Summit just pays a flat rate to UPS, which is substantially less than what it would cost to pay for everything individually. This is how Summit is able to pass along the savings to their customers.

P.S. It is entirely possible I have physically handled many of this forum members parts ordered from Summit!

Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I worked for the USPS for 36 years. By us, they and UPS are great. FedUP sucked until we got a driver out of Brooklyn who actually did the job right and he is a gem. But FedUP, UPS, and USPS management sucks big time. I'm thinking it is a regional thing and whoever is making the expensive decisions determines what happens. At my office UPS, FedUP, and DHL used to drop loads of post-cons for us to deliver. We had 3 PP trucks then- now there are 8 and growing. UPS and FedUP are delivering on Saturdays and USPS is out there on Sundays. So obviously the parcel business is exploding and how that is handled by the management will make or break the operations.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Just wait. UPS is Saturday deliveries here in states and before you know it, it'll be common place for 7 days a week everywhere....

I like overtime as much as the next guy but I've had enough! I got a life outside of work!

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That company probably has an account with UPS, so yeah it's most likely a cost thing.

UPS has the Summit Racing account. We get multiple entire flatbeds filled with stuff from Summit every day. Regardless of how much frieght we get from Summit, Summit just pays a flat rate to UPS, which is substantially less than what it would cost to pay for everything individually. This is how Summit is able to pass along the savings to their customers.

P.S. It is entirely possible I have physically handled many of this forum members parts ordered from Summit!
So I guess you saw my order after black Friday, was the totally destroyed Pypes box to western Pa.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
are you trying to say he touched your part.....:eek:
No, I just picture him recreating one of the opening scenes from Laverne & Shirley (them day dreaming as the beer bottles are going by, picture DoubleV doing the same as packages go by, maybe with their theme song playing in the back ground.)

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I actually made a great friend over some Chevelle side pipes Scummit packed carelessly. I saw that they were nice chrome side pipes but the cheap-ola box was torn to shreds and the parts were all over the post-con. So I emptied the post-con and scrounged up all the brackets and hardware that had fallen out of the box and were scattered on the bottom. Then I re-boxed and taped it all back together. When I delivered it to the guy I apologized for the condition and I told him I tried my best to gather all the stuff I could find. Nothing was missing and he was so gratefull we became close friends and eventually I used him to paint my '68 LeSabre.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I ordered a part for my truck and it sat at there hub in greensboro nc for over 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor