v6 to SBC v8 what A/C Compressor bracket?

87CutlassSupremeBrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2024
I have been searching all over and can't find a conclusive answer. My pump is on passenger side and is the short pump R4. What bracket do I need to mount it to sbc 327?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have been searching all over and can't find a conclusive answer. My pump is on passenger side and is the short pump R4. What bracket do I need to mount it to sbc 327?
Should be any A/G with a SBC & most '77 to about '86 B could donate the OE set up as long as you have '69 & newer heads with the accessory holes. A way to keep the compressor on the passenger side the B & F serpentine set up should be what you need to keep iy there. A;ways remember to get all related hardware, accessorys & p/s pump core to ensure you have everything you'll need. Some have used the S10 4.3 serpentine set up.

Reactions: 1 users

87CutlassSupremeBrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2024
Should be any A/G with a SBC & most '77 to about '86 B could donate the OE set up as long as you have '69 & newer heads with the accessory holes. A way to keep the compressor on the passenger side the B & F serpentine set up should be what you need to keep iy there. A;ways remember to get all related hardware, accessorys & p/s pump core to ensure you have everything you'll need. Some have used the S10 4.3 serpentine set up.

My passenger head has only 1 accessory hole. If I cant find this stuff at a junkyard can I order it online anywhere? Chicago Muscle Car parts has it but its $325
1A1WHEEL_f16d79ec-8b34-4c73-9493-44307e40fd22.jpg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Most 327s in stock form will not have the accessory holes in the front of the head like this.
Early head.jpg

If there are no holes you would have to fabricate something.
If it is the last couple of years of the 327 or the heads have been changed to ones like this.
later headE.png

then you can use any of the later bracketry for the R4 compressor.

87CutlassSupremeBrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2024
You're good, your heads are the '69 & up set up. The Driver side should have three.

Yeah driver side has three. So I gotta try to find a v8 gbody at junkyard otherwise start searching online for the oem v8 brackets? And then I can just use any other sbc brackets for alternator and steering?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yeah driver side has three. So I gotta try to find a v8 gbody at junkyard otherwise start searching online for the oem v8 brackets? And then I can just use any other sbc brackets for alternator and steering?
Even those B bodies I listed & about '78 to '81 Camaros can be a source. During this time period all SBC powered passenger cars used the same bracket set up with the R4 compressor. Keep in mind the OE SBC set up you'll need new lines.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
SBC has R4 on the driver side in a G-Body. You could use serpentine 3rd gen Camaro F.E.A.D. and keep the compressor on the passenger side.

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor