value of a nice original 87 olds 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

griz_83ho

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 4, 2006
Mendota, Il
i am going to be posting a 1987 oldsmobile 442 with 90,000 miles. Car over all is in 100% original paint and from what i can tell is original and there. Has hust on bottom of doors, but might be able to save. Floors are good and rockers are good. Paint is chipped in places but no dents, etc and will probably buff good. Interior is overall good and all there. Does have a couple cig burns in seats, but dash is great console good and panels are good. Original drivetrain but 307 has a low end knock. I will post pics asap but whats a fair price on the car?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
griz_83ho said:
i am going to be posting a 1987 oldsmobile 442 with 90,000 miles. Car over all is in 100% original paint and from what i can tell is original and there. Has hust on bottom of doors, but might be able to save. Floors are good and rockers are good. Paint is chipped in places but no dents, etc and will probably buff good. Interior is overall good and all there. Does have a couple cig burns in seats, but dash is great console good and panels are good. Original drivetrain but 307 has a low end knock. I will post pics asap but whats a fair price on the car?

Well pics help us determine.

If what you say is all accurate I would give you 3k for the car since the motor needs torn into. It needs wrist pins and a complete overhaul they are notorious for this. If you have rare options it may be worth more to the right person.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
T-tops? T-tops add some value to that also. I have seen 442s all over the board since I started looking, a decent car that need some work is at least in the 3-4000 range. really clean 7-10000 needing little to no work and I have seen some showroom quality cars in the 12 to even 18+ range. the thing about these is they have not "yet" hit the hurst olds popularity BUT they are becoming rare since allot of them have been parted out for their rear ends. i personally see the values on these go through the roof in the next few years but that's me. pics would greatly help here

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
regalman4925 said:
T-tops? T-tops add some value to that also. I have seen 442s all over the board since I started looking,pics would greatly help here

T tops add value if they are in good shape. Rusty T top frames and worn, shot seals are usually a deal breaker for me. Way to much investment to make them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor