Vehicles you kick yourself for getting rid of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossbreed

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2009
Just as the title says. What did you have that you wish you'd never gotten rid of?
For me it was a 92 Fullsize Chevy that started out as a base model, 2 headlight Work Truck (W/T). It ended up getting "modified" to the point of no return and when I had to move I had to get rid of it.
The other was an old Malibu I bought off E-Bay (can't even remember what year it was) for a grand and same situation arose. I was moving and had to get rid of it, luckily I sold it for more than I paid for it.
ytrey.jpg

Malibu15.jpg

My 85 Cutlass Salon, was a virtually rust free car from GA, had to get rid of it because I had no time or money for it at the time. Sold it to a friend who claimed he was going to get it put back together (just needed engine and trans to drive it). He got as far as putting an engine and transmission back in it, tearing the vinyl top off, and for some stupid reason, obliterating the heater a/c box and then never doing anything to cover it back up :wtf: . The car now just sits full of water, stacked junk inside, rotting away at his parents house in the woods. I have almost been tempted to go get it back, but, I don't think I could stand to see like it is :puke: (the interior was almost perfect).

1976 cutlass supreme. Got it when i was 17, right after my junior year of high school. Man i loved that car so much. After high school i got to partying way too much and just lost intrest in it. I still see it parked in a crappy part of town, completley ragged out, breaks my heart. Man i wish i had it back.. 😢

my 81 elco... was a southern rot free car with a frame you could eat off of. I had it all apart and all the bodywork done except for some rot we found under the trim above the rear window. Ididnt't know how to weld then and everybody I talked to was afraid to warp the roof. It sat apart in my parent garage for three years until my mom bought a new car and wanted the garage back and I had no place to put it. It had a new 305 and a 3 speed stick, The only offer I got on it was 1500 bucks or the guy would paint my regal which most of the bodywork was done on. After seeing some of his work I decided to let him paint the regal thinking it would be less of a loss on my elco and it was a huge mistake. It was a waste of two good cars and I ended up parking the regal for 3 years because of it. The guy probably never even wiped the car down before paint, theres fisheye everywhere and he never finished wetsanding/buffing. Lol then he had the audacity to ask that I not tell people who painted the car because he doesn't want a lot of business and he really only does this for family and friends... I felt like painting his name down the side of the car with a some bright yellow rustoleum and a brush. Im finally getting some ambition now to fix his mess and finish the car.

I wish I never sold the '95 Tahoe 4x4 😢 and the '88 Mustang 5.0 got stolen, never to be found :evil: !

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,034
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 1,009
My regal in my signature. It is kinda special to me because it is the FIRST car I bought. Bought it in english class from a classmate for $950 in 1998 lol. In about 2002 I stupidly traded it to a guy for a 1980 gmc that was all done up. Then he took the original motor out, put it in a truck and blew it up, sold the 1981 Monte Carlo checker flag rims I had on it, sold misc parts off of it and left it in a field :puke:

then in 2006 I think, I was in the market for another car and when at work here an older man and his daughter came through. Got talking with them and the daughter said her brother had a black buick he was selling. Well I think this is the only black buick anything in my town. So I go take a look at it that night and sure enough! It was my car! But now it had a 350 instead of a 305, had some mix matched rims on it obviously, and has some metal panels inside to replace the ones that were scavenged off of it.

Now i got the car running right, got some pontiac mags on it and slowly getting her back to being "My Car" again 😀

Before I traded the car:
n519525123_888405_9615.jpg

and my goal:
TRL00234B_Buick_pg4.jpg

My dad kicks himself for selling this one... It was his second car, '69 442. We looked into trying to find it recently and maybe buy it back, buy some retard put it into a cable-type guard rail back in the day, almost tore it in half... His first car was a 69 Cutlass S convertible 8)

4422.jpg

'78 Cutlass Salon. My first car, parents bought it new. Had to get rid of it cause the apartment complex I was in limited the number of cars that I could have.

C2.jpg

'97 Monte, oil pump went and i didn;t have the time or the desire to replace it. Now I wished I had kept it and instsalled a supercharged 3800 in it (sorry for the dirty pic)

montecarlo5.jpg

I was also offered my parents '89 Caprice. All it needed was new fuel lines, but I didn;t have the room. Wished I had taken the offer.

My 86 SS had it for 3 years but only used it for like 3 months, cause it took me that long to restore it. I did the 88 rear end upgrade and the engine, new paint, new weatherstrips, and new interior. Sold it cause i had to pay for my school loans. Atleast I still see it once n a while.

When i got it
23136500004_large.jpg

When I sold it
2313650_15_full.jpg

2313650_2_full-1.jpg

2313650_18_full.jpg

My 86 cutlass supreme that i got for $200.307 v8,200-c and burgundy/burgundy with the burgundy vinyl top.It was my first car,fell in love with it,got rid of it in early august 2008.This car never had a permenant home,every owner (including me) owned it for at least a year than sold it to another temporary home.I miss the hell out of this car,last i heard the buyers sold it to another guy up in michigan. 😢
4262552817_4f3f26c581.jpg

4262551501_d5af91470f.jpg

4262585413_e917d64ee4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor