Vehicles you kick yourself for getting rid of

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
76 cutlass with a 330 rocket from a 64 442. it was towed away because i parked it where i shouldnt have and never went and got it back because i didnt have the money.

bucket seats, console, nice running car aside from a little sheet metal cancer here and there. it could have been a good car. im sure someone else claimed the title for themselves.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Well, I just sold my Buick wagon on wednesday, and I miss it!

The one I wish never got away was the '87 Caprice 2-door that my grandma bought new. That was the last year for the 2-door, and they only built like 1,700 of them. The car had ZERO options. No A/C, no radio, nothing. 4.3 V6/700-R4.
She gave it to my oldest sister in the spring of '96 when she bought her '96 Caprice that I now own.
My sister burned up the transmission that winter, and since my mom had to pay to fix it, she took it and drove the car for a year or so, and then she sold it in the summer of '98. I wasn't getting my license till the next summer, and my mom didn't want it in the driveway. That car would've been so awesome to put a big-block in... :x

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
i had an 83 jeep cj7 hard top towards the en of high school. it had 90,000 original miles when i got it, the inline 6 and auto transmission had been freshly rebuilt and everything. i had it repainted and re upholstered. my dad ended up selling it while i was away working for the summer. i never got to drive it with the gas gauge fixed :( . i also had a 1995 toyota pickup that i dropped, repainted and drove through high school. ended up selling it for pretty much nothing to some guys from omaha that didnt even speak english. (had his nephew translate the spanish) wish i never would of sold it and the jeep. worst part is i only have a few pictures of the truck from my senior pictures. worst of all, i never took a single picture of the jeep. makes me sick. anyway with the money i got i bought my 2002 malibu ls with 32k miles for $6200 cash. i've put 50k miles on it in the last 4 or 5 years and only 2 tires. no brakes just gas oil and go

Attachments

• Grand LeMans.jpg
    Grand LeMans.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 162

2drsedanman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 6, 2010
I miss this car. 78 malibu, bucket seat, console, no a/c car. I sold it not long after this pic. Why? I don't remember, but I always tell myself it was a good idea at the time. I'm hoping my current malibu turns out this good.

HPIM0091.jpg

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
im lucky enough to still own every vehicle ive had,all 2 of them, but i could kick my brother for selling his regal. it was an 84 i think, bucket seats and console car. he never got it on the road because of title issues and sold it to a junk yard for 100 $'s after 3 months trying to

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
My 79 Cutlass with a 455 and then my 70 Cutlass S with 455 from a Toronado79 Cutlass with 455.jpg[/attachment] and my 74 Vette 350 4 Speed and 3.73 Posi

Attachments

• 79 Cutlass with 455.jpg
    79 Cutlass with 455.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 587
  • 70 442 with 455.jpg
    70 442 with 455.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 593
  • vette1.JPG
    vette1.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 592

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
Sold my 96 S10 last fall. No options, 2.2, 5-speed truck, with about 90k miles on it when I bought it. Had a virtually brand new clutch, 2 brand new and 2 about 5k mile-old tires. Interior was perfect except for a couple cigarette burns in the bench seat. Only thing wrong was a busted pass. side mirror. Body was absolutely mint. I put some sportier mirrors and a rollpan on it and dropped it 3" in the front, and 4 in the back. About 10 months into driving it, I got plowed into (literally), buy a guy jumping the gun at a red light, as I was making a left. Of course, I was in his path, so it was deemed my fault. Ended up taking it off the road last March.I sold it for less than half of what I paid for it, because I didn't have the time or money to replace the bed. Plus, I missed driving the GP.
Before getting hit:
30169220030_large.jpg

After:
30169220034_large.jpg

Also had an 81 Chevy stepside pickup a few years ago that I swapped a 350 into. Ended up selling it for not even the cost of the engine, to a junkyard. My brother actually sold it, when I wasn't home. Had he and I known the guys were gonna junk it, I wouldn't have sold it to them; and would've parted it out intead. It still had brand new replacement bed steps and brand new side mirrors still in the boxes, in the bed. A neighbor saw it going down the road on the back of a flatbed a couple days later with all the windows busted out...made me sad.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
my first car, my 85 el camino i bought and payed for cash i earned my self, in 03 or 04 when i was 15. nothing could replace that car. had a lot of good times and learned a lot from that car. but when i hit 18 my head was runnin a milion miles an hour, chaisin girls, partying with friends, and thinking i was capable of doing a resto project, without much income, cause i was focused on other things and had little true knowlage. had the car apart, got stupid ripped things like the heat out, never bagged and tagged nothing, ripped apart a perfectly good 305. got the frame stripped and painted and at that point i had met the girl that is now fiance, who helped me at the time buy rotted out camaro just for transportation to go to work, (it was cheap but stupid desicion, whole nother story). any way i gave the car to my younger brother who was in autobody at our tech school and was workin at a resto shop, still is. but anyway, this car snce i bought it intiatially, has been the source of family brawls, and brought us together. but my brothers gettin it right its almost there, it will never be mine again, cause he loves it just as much, but at least i get to see it, and wrench on it. to think i parked it cause it had a blown brake line and a bad 200c haha. wish it was still just mine though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor