Very frustrated with my stereo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanfr13

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Morris, MB, Canada
I am still having a problem with my stereo crackling while my car is running. It only does it when the car is running though. I have an aftermarket pioneer deck. So far, I have tried various grounding points, a new capacitor underneath the distributor, a new alternator, and new spark plug wires. And when I say new, I mean different. The stupidest part is, the crackling goes away when the motor is turning over 2000 rpms. Any more ideas for me to try? Thanks

jordanfr13

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Morris, MB, Canada
Sorry, I forgot to mention I have no amps other than the deck itself. I was hoping I could actually find the source of the problem, since I've heard those filters don't work sometimes

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
Those Pioneers are infamous for ground noise. I have seen alot of them do that. make sure you are not using the factory ground. Make a new one that goes straight to metal. I prefer it being under 16" long of good nice guage wire. if that dont help. ground the chassis of the stereo itself also.

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
ive never owned a pioneer to 2nd that but its probably the easiest solution and the problem

jordanfr13

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Morris, MB, Canada
I've tried many different grounds, as well as grounding the back of the stereo. I'll try the hood trick. Thanks

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
Sometimes the Pioneers also have the ground inside loose.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Definitely check your spark plug wires, most racing wires will interfere. I have a pioneer premiere deck with amp and subs with no problems. Either that or something is not grounded well enough or something is hooked up wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor